cherry juice and pmr

Posted , 11 users are following.

i was reading an article on inflamation  and cherry juice.    how it helps  fibro,   gout , athritis,

and lots more  illness    could it help  inflamation  caused  by  pmr.   i cannot recall  it ever been mentioned on the forum   before.  does anyone  know the answer please 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It has definitely been mentioned before (but finding the relative posts is difficult].  There are many natural products that help inflammation - the ‘experts’ on these will no doubt be along to advise.
  • Posted

I'd love tokow as well, as I have fibromyalgia.

• Posted

Fibromyalgia is NOT inflammatory.
    • Posted

oh well,  maybe i  got it wrong  about  inflamation   in fibro , but it did say  cherry juice  helped,  i will give it a  go and let you know.    but after saying  that    i am now  down to 1.5     and  2   mg.. so maybe i wont have much inflamation xx
  • Posted

I am interested in this. If anyone knows how much cherry juice one would have to consume to have an effect, please let me know.  I don’t like cherry juice but I’ll try it if it might help.
    • Posted

1  tumbler   per day   there was lots  of  infoe on how good it is.  so we will see   i bought 4 litres from  sainsburys.  but i recon it will take a couple of weeks to  kick in  
  • Posted

My husband has gout that occasionally flares up if he overindulges, we were looking for a natural remedy and cherry juice was recommended. He tried it, and was pleased when it reduced the redness and pain. He also puts celery seed in his tomato juice, and that seems to keep the gout from flaring up. Not sure how either product would work with other conditions, but it’s worth a try.
  • Posted

Cherry juice is supposed to be good for PMR but it must be Montmorency cherries which are sour cherries. I have a glass every day as I love cherry juice! 
  • Posted

Highly unlikely! If it sounds too good to be true - it probably is!
  • Posted

I think it's one of those things which may make some people feel better, but probably most won't notice a difference.  It could depend on a lot of other factors too, including your nutritional status - some people may for whatever reason have some sort of deficiency which is helped by (fill in the blank) cherry juice, turmeric, ginger, aloe vera, etc.  I'd say, give it a try, and if it doesn't work no harm done, if it does, great!  I've used aloe vera and found it helpful, but only to a point, think it is no longer having any effect.  But on the other hand after a very difficult summer last year and a so-so winter, I'm definitely feeling better now.  So did the aloe vera help?  Maybe it did!  I certainly seem to have found it easier to reduce when taking it, but now I'm pretty sure I'm close to my best lowest dose, and the aloe very can't take me further.  I suspect it helps with withdrawal pains, but doesn't really do anything about the PMR itself.   

• Posted

I believe cherries help reduce inflammation a great deal. I add unsweetened dried cherries to salads and anything else that sounds good and drizzle unsweetened cherry concentrate on my plain Greek yogurt. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.