Chest a d back pain mainly on left side, gallstones?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been getting chest and back pain mainly in the middle upper chest area but can move to left side. I have been burping more and from time to time experience loose stools which isn't really like me. I did go to the hospital about 2 month ago they did ECG, blood works and chest xray they all come back normal. My doctor said it sound like it could be gallstones and I'm due for an ultrasound tomorrow. I do suffer with bits of anxiety so be I g I'll drives it through the roof. My question is does anyone else get the pain in centre and left side of chest. I have mainly read it's right side but wanted to know if it can go to the left? I just don't want it to be my heart

Thanks x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

gallstone pain is very serious and so severe that each breath is excruciating. the pain is on right side of chest and also in the right shoulder blade. good luck with your test .

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, but it still doesn't give me any answers if it can be felt in centre or left side. I'm just going off what my doctor said it could be, I think me burping a lot is a big symptom of gallstones. I know pain can sometimes be really bad most of the time mines just annoying but can have periods were it is really painful

• Posted

If this is Gall Bladder and your pain is moving to the left this would indicate that it is upsetting your Pancreas, however getting a Dr to give this instruction you will struggle to get.

The same as if your pain travels up into the right shoulder this is because of your Liver. Gall Bladder pain in just under right hand side Rib cage and as stated can travel to any of these areas. You will only here these descriptions from people who have suffered with GB issues?

HAGD and hope your pain is just anxiety!

• Posted

ThThanks for the reply, I went for an ultrasound this evening but they can't see my gallbladder so will have to repeat the test. They said I will need to starve myself for 12 and not just 6 which is fine. I don't know what this pain is with the frequent burping also but it stresses me out

Thanks x

• Posted

Is the pain in the centre of your chest just in the area of your breastbone and going down to the left following the line of your rib cage? Do you have any reflux? If it is, and is accompanied with wind, burping, gurgling, these are classic signs of a hiatus hernia. Just a thought and worth asking about. I was diagnosed with an endoscopy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.