Chest and neck pain when breathing deeply

Posted , 4 users are following.

so for last four days I've had pain in chest and neck when breathing deeply or moving position, like bending over or shifting in sleep. sometimes it can be in the middle of my back too or when I'm walking home from work it's particular irritating (left me rather short of breath).

this isn't something that has left me unable to work or do my usual daily activities but the fact that it hasn't gone worries me some.

I've left it in hope that it will go away on it's own, but it's sticking for now. has anybody else experience something like this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

There is a possibility this could be heart or lung related, have you had any tests done?

What side of your chest is it? Do you get palpitations?

• Posted

It's mainly in the centre. I am currently waiting for the results of an echocardiogram due to palpitations so yeah I get these little chest quivers occasionally and that's why I'm being checked out. My blood test came back fine.

the pain does seem to be worse when I lay on my left side or when I bend over.

• Posted

And as a further note ibuprofen does seem to help it. been taking it for tooth extraction and it seems to be helping with the chest pain too

• Posted

if it is central and if ibuprofen is helping it could be due to inflammation. Has costochondritis been mentioned.? But if you are getting fluttering and you are getting short of breath it is good they are giving you an echo. Is your blood pressure ok do you know?

• Posted

the gp checked the blood pressure last week and said it was fine. costochondritus hasn't been mentioned. But I may bring it up if I get an appointment.

• Posted

Dont mention anything to them, let them do the maths untill everything is tested for, it could very well be costeocondritus, its going to feel tender on the area of pain if you press it.

• Posted

Get it checked. left mine thinking i was unfit (i walk 2.2 miles a day to work) and it was so hard to get an appointment at doctors, i left it. Thats when the chest pain starts, when walking . Thought it would ease off in time then ended up a and e with high blood pressure and heart rate. Suspected angina until more tests. Ovbiously you may have something completely different but get it checked. i doin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.