Chest, arm anD back pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm a 16 year old boy and for the past month or so I've had pain on my breast bone, pains in both arms and occasionally legs, and recently I've developed a I do t know how to describe it but it's just a weird feeling in my upper back.  Anyways I've been to the doctors several times where I've had blood pressure checks ECG's 2 of them, and a blood test, all of which came back fine. The doctor says its just anxiety and I've been given beta blockers though I haven't taken any yet. But these pains are almost constant and I'm convinced that it's a heart things, does anyone else get this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've got this at the minute! Keep feeling my boob as think I have a lump!
    • Posted

Should probably get that seen too, I do t have boobs so I can't really relate
  • Posted

Hi Jack

Anxiety is the great pretender. Everyone's is as individual as their fingerprint. I think that's why it's so hard for doctors to diagnose it as such. Feeling like you have a heart problem is a biggie for those of us who have health anxiety. At 16 it's highly doubtful that you have a heart problem but I I certainly understand why you think you do. I think that on a daily basis. EGGs don't lie though so I think your doc is spot on.

Brst of luck to you

Teresa

• Posted

I hate it I'm feeling these chest pains and stuff and you brains default reaction is to assume the worst . The pains come and go and I have no idea what causes them and neither does my doctor
  • Posted

I'm exactly the same now started 3 days ago slightly it's getting worse I have pain inbeetweeN my shoulder blades really bad at the moment and my throat/front of neck is sore to touch but I have been to a&e over 4 times with chest pains Leg pain and arm pain over last year so this time I haven't gone and suffering so bad ! But I have been told anxiety reflux and inflammation In chest wall or something ... It is most likely anxiety especially of you have been to hospital my friend has also had chest pain for the past 6 months and she has anxoety too xx
    • Posted

yeah but idk, I just don't believe them it's stupid

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.