Chest, Arm and shoulder pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a little scare today. My left arm and upper chest kept having this weird sensation after I ate something and I kept getting nauseous. I went to the ER and they did EKG twice and ran blood tests and chest X-ray. Everything was normal. This peri is a force to be reckoned with!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I hope you are feeling better now Sharcerv and that the EKG and X-ray have reassured you. I've had significant nausea and digestion issues for the past two months which I think are related to peri (since the docs can't find any other cause). I get shoulder and arm pain and tingling too and also had an EKG recently. You're right, peri really is a force. I wouldn't have believed how many different and disabling symptoms it can cause until recently experiencing some of them.
    • Posted

Yeah, I didn't start feeling any of this until my period started on Sunday. Yes, thank God it wasn't my heart but I still seem to be experiencing this tingling in my upper chest which comes and goes. I hope this goes away as my cycle ends in a day or two. Each month there is some new or recurring symptom that is so annoying and scary. I can't wait until all of this is over.
    • Posted

I get the chest tingling too - sometimes it's like an explosion in my chest that wakes me at night! Never thought I'd wish to be on the older side of menopause but lately I can't wait for all this to be over with.
    • Posted

Yes, I know. I literally prayed that my cycles would end.soon but I didn't realize all of these symptoms would be a part of the package. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.