Chest/arm pain...I know it's my anxiety,but it's scary!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

This chest/arm pain is scary...I've been to the ER so many times...had lots of tests done and I'm healthy,but when I get anxious it starts up and it's a scary feeling!!I just want to feel better for my 4 children,they r my heart,my everything...and I wanna be happy again!Even though a doctor tells u that u r ok,when u have anxiety it's hard to believe anybody,cause you read stuff and it gets to u!!!It's so easy for somebody to say to u to stop looking stuff up or don't worry so much,cause they don't know how it feels....it's a struggle everyday,I thank God that I am here,I just wish anxiety/depression never existed.Most days I don't feel like doing anything,but I make myself & I have to for me and my family!I recently got addicted to checking my heartrate with my monitor on my phone,I noticed it would drop into the high 40's,50's while resting or sleeping/relaxed...that scared me,after talking to several doctors & ER visits,they said it was normal while u are resting/relaxed. They told me to stop checking it cause I was healthy but I can't stop,that and googling stuff is my worst enemy right now!!I'm still worried/afraid....all I can do is try!!!Anyways,I just needed to let this out to everybody that understands what this feels like!!!I hope all of u start to feel better cause I know I want to!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hello

​your doing what most do including myself, i would sit around with the finger device all day checking my oxygen levels, blood presure 50 times a day, heart rate same again, the docs are right your levels when resting are fine, some athletic people have these readings when doing normal duties,then i went to see my mental health carer and since then i stopped instantly, now im in a diffeent place a much better one, yes i have the odd bad day but at least i am spending time better, much better than checking all my stats all day long, you can do it and you will, take care

• Posted

Hi, G mommy...My two daughters are grown and on their on now, but I have three little dogs to keep me company.  I am divorced for many years now.  I tend to look symptoms up on the internet, and they have the very worst outcomes.  It is hard to keep from doing it, but if your doctor tells you everything is ok, try not to second guess him/her by looking things up.  No one knows what depression and anxiety feels like better than me.  I'm 67 yrs. old, and I have experienced everything there is to experience about that disease...I have kind of learned to trust my doctor now, and try breathing exercises, and before you know it, you are feeling better.  My little dogs help by relieving my anxiety a great deal....Try not to take your blood pressure more than what your doctor tells you to do..It varies from minute to minute and you don't need that anxiety...Good luck, keep the faith, hope this helps...hugs.
  • Posted

You have just described me! Every thing you are thinking and feeling is me to a tea. I just don't know how to help myself become better. I've tried self help books. Been to cbt do breathing control. The mental health department round here is shocking. I think you woukd seriously need to do yourself harm before they pulled there finger out and helped. Honestly I don't know how you guys live like this it's literally ruining my life
  • Posted

I can totally relate. I have anxiety very bad just like you, whenever I see a health commercial and I read up on it, I'll start feeling like I'm the actual sick person. I visit the hospital so much. I'm actually in the hospital now. I'm trying to stop coming here but it's just my piece of mind. Idk what to think sometimes.
    • Posted

Hi,rondasweets....I know how u feel!!!I see stuff all the time on tv,facebook...& it scares me!!!!I'm actually on the way to the er cause I just don't feel right,I'm so scared,I'm shaking!!!!I don't know how much more of this I can take,I just want to feel better 4 my kids!!!How did ur hospital visit go?hope u feel better!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.