Chest, arm shooting pain, electric sensation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi my name is lynsey and Ive been getting shooting pains, electric sensation in my chest and arm left side, I've been to AE twice as the pain was there but I couldn't breath and the first time they did blood tests on my heart came back Normal and KCG normal, second visit another KCG which is also normal, my doctor has also ruled out heart problems without any further investigation, and there putting it don't to anxiety or muscle, but as I mum of young children I'm worried out of my mind I'm going to have a heart attack it's been 3wks now, it's mostly left sided in my arm, chest, sometimes back, dull pain, shooting pain electric type feelings, I also have a sore to touch breat bone, thankyou for your time, xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like costochondritis
    • Posted

Hi rose, thanks for the fast reply, I was thinking that but the condition does not mention the pain or sensation I'm feeling in my left arm, or the palpations I'm having, plus would that condition come and go as it eases off a day then comes back, thankyou. X

• Posted

Also Thanks for recommending costochondritis, it has actually made me feel a little better as I was thinking maybe myself so someone suggesting it to feels a little more possible 😌x

• Posted

I've also been experiencing that for quite some time now. We actually have the same what ifs because Im also a mother of two and I'm only 28. Done with 2 ECG'S and went out fine and normal also done with my x ray and its also fine. I am still not sure what's happening to me but luckily I've come to control my palpitations. The craziest part is, I'm checking my pulse rate most of the time and its also fine. 

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear you scare having the same symptoms, has your doctor suggested any maybe causes?, and does your breast bone feel tender to touch, also I'd say mine is starting to feel like weird sensation most of the time now rather than sharp pain thou out the day , but I do still experience a couple of pains mostly at night how about yourself?, x

• Posted

I'm actually experiencing it now and it's quite uncomfortable. When I press on it its painful or when I move or stretch its also painful. The Dr. Told me to take ibuprofen. Havent tried taking it though. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.