Chest burning during panic attack??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had chest burning during an attack? It isn't like heartburn, more like my entire chest feels like it's burning and then gets tight. I have been having very long days because I'm moving and it was my sons birthday..

I woke up at 5 this morning completely calm and just randomly started with some aches and chest burning, which was followed by what felt like heart racing.. The thing is it felt like it was racing, but it was only around 68-75 in reality.. Does a panic attack make you think your heart is actually racing when it isn't? I know I always think it's faster than it is during my anxiety days, but this time it actually felt like it was racing when i took my pulse. Today I was fine, but now have chest pains.. I'm debating on going on different meds because this med really isn't working as good as it used to. I'm confused as to why I wake up and my mind panics even though I'm not anxious at all.

Now the weird issue (sorry guys!).. My period was due on the 18th, so it is now 10 days past due. I have some cramping where it feels like it will start, but that's it. Tested myself twice for pregnancy about 6 days after it was due, big fat negatives.. I was sick the week my period was due, could it be stress and being sick that's made it weird? Should I make a doctors appt? Is my hormones going crazy which would explain why I'm suddenly going back into my old anxiety ways?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have anxiety. anxiety disorder. for the last year I went to the ER about 5 or 6 times with chest discomfort. I have a cardiologist who gave me a stress test, several ekg's, an heart ultrasound, and a 24 hour halter monitor.  all came out fine.  I always have palpitations, really fast pulse between 105-120 when I am anxious. I feel my heart beating in my head when I sleep, it is caused by anxiety. first you feel the heartbeats, then the anxiety because you are worried about your heart, then your heart beats even faster then the anxiety.  it's a viscious circle. sad you could go to cardiologist to ease your mind.  Eventhough I had all of those tests, I still think I have a heart problem. Anxiety is very very similar and very tricky.

• Posted

Oh I'm in the same boat.. Was at my doctor for an ekg literally every week for about 3 months earlier this year.. Finally I complained so much my doctor thought something had to be wrong.. More ekgs, bloodwork, echo and holter, they said all clear. Even my chest pains that I noticed during the holter weren't actually heart related.

I do have the sinus tachychardia which she said everyone has unless they're a major athlete basically.. My biggest issue is the "what if this time the pain is real". Its horrible. Mine started after my son was born so in 2 months it'll be a year. I just want to be the old me so bad.

• Posted

me too I want to be the person I was a year and 1/2 ago. before my dad died and the anxiety rollar coaster started.  now I have anxiety disorder and I have tried all of the SSRI's and SNRI's and all made me want to crawl out of my skin.  I was on mirtizapine for about a year, just recently stopped it 18 days ago and I am having HIGH ANXIETY , palpitations, blurry vision expecially while driving, wish me luck  x  keep in touch let me know how you do. Thanks!

• Posted

Hi yes i have experienced burning chest pain raceing heart and heart palpitations lots of wierd sensations this anxiety panick disorder is pure hell im on zoloft not sure that its working may have to swotch to new med how long have u had anxiety for

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.