Chest discomfort...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi pipz... I need your advice I been suffering from chest discomfort almost everyday 24/7 day and additional to that I also burp a lot everyday... Last year I done different kind of test for my heart (ECG, Street test, thallium stress CT scan 24 hours holster) but still I have this chest pain almost everyday... Its very hard for me I also consult a phyctrist she told me that I have anxiety... Sorry guys I just want to share what I feel...

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have this same thing haven't heard anyone else speak about it. I half chest discomfort everyday can be at top of my stomach or middle of my chest mostly I wouldnt say it was painfull just a fullness or tightness I also burp non stop all day it's terrible. Doctor tho was acid reflux altho I don't really get burning.
    • Posted

Referred to as Gerd. You dont feel the burning all the time thats why its important to see a gastro doctor. Get very gassy with it though.. Its believed to be from diet that isnt working for you. Drinks lots of water. 
  • Posted

It could be acid reflux
    • Posted

Yes your right... May GI doc told me about it he gave me also a medication for a month but nothing happens....
    • Posted

I take omeprozole they took a fair few weeks to kick in but they do help in most occassions now
  • Posted

I get the same thing especially when I have palpatations which can be quite painful so of course it sets me into panic every time I have one, a huge thing with anxiety is it makes your body tense up, I know me personally I tend to tighten up around my arms and chest area due to the "fight or

Flight" mode that anxiety causes. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow just to check that my tightness and palpatations are normal, anxiety sucks! It tricks

Your mind into thinking these crazy thoughts. Hope you feel better and continue to put up a brave fight against this condition!

• Posted

let you doctor know about your reflux as well. Bad uncontrolled reflux can mess with your whole body. Anxiety does whatever it wants and effects the whole body.
    • Posted

You to... I hope someday all of us will be anxiety free... Just keep praying guys...
  • Posted

Hi Ryan, I also suffer from chest pains, usually just right at the top of my tummy or at my breast bone, and terrible relux. The Dr says it's anxiety, it does make me tense and all my muscles hurt. So annoying, I just keep telling myself you have been checked over ECG etc.. and you are fine it's just that blooming anxiety. Take care I hope everyone feels better soon. 
    • Posted

Thanks for sharing your story Elaine... Until now I cannot convince my self that I'm fine... You also take care of your self...
  • Posted

No problem Ryan. The mind is a wonderful thing.....but also real annoying when you have constant anxiety. It's easier said than done, but simply put it's just retraining our brains to think a different more positive way. I have worried so long about my health and I'm trying to say to myself why ?? I mean with all the chest pains I've been having for months it would need to be the longest heart attack in the world. I try to see the funny side of it and say cmon Elaine it's your anxiety you know that, but i also know some days are better than others. Stay strong my friend. better days are still to come.cheesygrin
  • Posted

Your situation is so similar to mine that I could've wrote it. Haha but when I first found out I had anxiety I got those same feelings, the chest discomfort and burping. & I do have acid reflux and my anxiety might've been triggered by it. As of now I'm terrified of whatever strange feelings I get in my body which sucks. It takes time to get used to it. You just have to stay calm basically and know it's all in your head and nothing is really going on Inside of you. Take care
    • Posted

Yes your right.. I keep fighting on it for 5 years now... I still hoping one day I woke up and free from this sickness...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.