Chest discomfort

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has been experiencing any chest discomfort. I wake up around 4 am every morning where my heart is beating so fast. I don't know if it's the Levo if so another thyroid medication I could try.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How long have u been on levo and what dosage?

I have the same problem with it and so far no improvement. I'd suggest returning to your dr to try a different treatment. Alot of dr's prefer levo tho. It depends on where you live.

• Posted

Hi I was first prescribed in June by my doctor but my endo told me to hold off on taking it so when I went to hospital this month they prescribed it again so I have been taking it for about week now.
  • Posted

I was on generic levo same issues. My endocrinologist put me on Synthroid, now very few or no issues. Feel much better. Levo works well for most people, some it does not. Try switching to a brand name if you can. Perhaps yo may be experiencing an allergic reaction.
  • Posted

The side affects of meds can be worse than the problem. I had chest pain one night so bad that I was life flighted to a hospital. The paramedics thought I was having a heart attack. I didn't care what they did because the pain was the worse I had ever experienced. Levo is the med. I was taking. My dose has been lowered from 100 to 25 mg. No problems since. I have read about others having the same thing happen. Have you told your doctor? Your dose may be to high or you need to change. This disease I wouldnt wish on anyone. Sorry for your discomfort and hope it changes soon.

• Posted

Hi

Barbara I have always taken 25mg of Levo maybe I need to go lower. I have dr. Appt tomorrow so I will ask my primary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.