Chest discomfort

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got an upper Endoscopy procedure done yesterday and have felt fine other than the fact i had slight chest discomfort right in the middle of my chest. I noticed it after i drank something. I still am dealing with the slight discomfort and i don't know if i should be worried.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I had Endoscopy procedure done last Saturday (12th Aug) and still feel a little bruised. It might take a few days to settle down but the first few days for me were quite uncomfortable.  It's normal to feel some sort of bruising but it should subside over next few days. Good luck.

• Posted

Nothing to worry about Becca, this is perfectly normal and could go on for several days. Some people complain of slight pain when they breathe too. You only have to worry if you're vomiting dark-coloured liquid or if you pass black, sticky diarrhoea. Both would be a sign of internal bleeding, but that's very rare indeed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.