Chest discomfort

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 48-year-old man very active and considered myself to be in good shape no family history and yet the only thing I changed is I started taking vitamin B 12 for about two weeks and now I’m getting anxiety along with some chest discomfort on the left and right side

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Claudio74139, If it's one thing I learned there are no coincidences with starting a new med or vitamin and developing symptoms such as you have described.  You should speak to your doctor as soon as possible and i would think you should also stop taking this vitamin B12 if it's something you did on your own since you're experiencing bad side effects.  Many people experience side effects from vitamins prescribed or over the counter. Good luck and hope your symptoms go away. Do call your doctor though...

• Posted

Thank you Mary.   I have stopped and today was already better. I’ll see how the next few days goes and if I continue to feel better then I will know it was that
  • Posted

Hi Claudio , I started taking vit B12 awhile ago, soon after I felt dreadful, heart palpitations and shaking also my coordination went, it was real scarey, I didn't realise at first it was the vits as soon as I stopped felt fine, look up and research them it wasn't good they can have side effects, surprised me a vitamin can do that to a person

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.