Chest discomfort

Posted , 2 users are following.

4 weeks ago whilst at work a colleague fell of a chair at work which we all found really funny (harsh it sounds but he was also laughing) whilst I was laughing I had a sharp stabbing pain through my heart and I had to keep saying please don't make me laugh it hurts ! I suffered aches and pains in the chest area for a few days after which I put down to muscle strain. The pain then turned to a pressure in the centre of my chest with occasional squeezing feeling now 4 weeks on I am still experience these pressure / tightenings , especially when I'm having a conversation or reading my children a bedtime story. So I made a doctors app which was 7 days away , I have tried gaviscon thinking it could be indigestion related, it helped a little

Last night whilst at work I all of a sudden felt hot , sick and faint , I went straight home where I had diarreah for most of the evening . I hoped a good night's sleep would sort me out but I have woken today light headed, off balance and exhausted , I have an emergency doctors appointment later today , just hope they get to the bottom of it , I hate going to my doctors as I feel they don't take me seriously . Has anyone experience of these symptoms ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would recommend you make an emergency appointment with your doctor. You shouldn’t wait a week when it comes to possible heart or lung problems. If your doctor doesn’t take you seriously change doctors. If you live in the UK, phone 111 with your symptoms. Don’t play them down because you feel embarrassed in case it is nothing serious. Write down all your symptoms so you don’t forget any. 
    • Posted

I had an emergency appointment with them yesterday , they have given me an inhaler to try for my chest tightness/pressure . He didn't think my feeling faint / diarreah episode was connected to my chest. I feel a little more at ease now that my chest and heart has been listened too , let's see if the inhaler works !! Because not being able the have a conversation without being in pain sucks!!

• Posted

Do you get any palpitations or heart irregularities? Did they give you an ECG?
    • Posted

No I haven't experienced any palpitations, he didn't book me in for an ecg, spirometory , chest x ray or anything, just handed me a script for an inhaler

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.