Chest discomfort for months

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I’m 16 years old and currently suffering from an eating disorder. I have just reached a healthy weight. For months now I’ve had this odd feeling in my left chest that feels really uncomfortable. It isn’t a pain but more a dull ache. A couple of weeks back I started feeling a pain between my left shoulder blade, feeling really tired and dizzy, palpitations and recently I’ve had pain in my right leg. It strange because it isn’t constantly there but become very breathless during an attack. I have seen a doctor however she told me it was anxiety however it’s getting worse to the point where I’m struggling to sleep and constantly thinking about it. It’s is neither worse or better during exercise.Has anyone experienced anything similar? I will be grateful for any response x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Where about is the pain in your leg? Is it swollen or hot? Do you sometimes have trouble taking a deep breath in?
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply.

It’s my whole leg, it changes from numb to a pain. I also have pins and needles in both feet. I don’t have trouble taking a breath in but during an episode my chest feels very tight like it can’t inhale much air.

• Posted

Also not swollen or hot, but I am noticing I wake in the night sweating but am unsure wether it’s due to the heat 
  • Posted

You said you had an eating disorder do you mind me asking about that? Do you have anorexia or bulimia? You said you have reached a healthy weight, does that mean you are eating properly now, or do you still have a problem with that?
    • Posted

Anorexia nervosa, I’m eating properly now not following a meal plan as my attitude towards food is a lot better, I would say I use exercise to compensate if I have over-indulged (Ben and Jerry’s, takeaways), but usually I eat healthily. 
    • Posted

With anorexia, you can upset your stomach a lot. You could have acid reflux or a hiatus hernia. Do you find you have problems with digestion or swallowing? Look up hiatus hernia and if you think this might be an issue bring it up with your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.