Chest discomfort pain on Venlafaxine reduction

Posted , 4 users are following.

Currently now been taking the 37.5mg Venlafaxine for Two day's and, I'm getting chest discomfort in upper front chest, which seems to be mainly on the left side, then it remains there at a less painful sensation, and it also moves to the right! 

Has anyone else had this ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had that when I started on 37. Also Had lots of other side effects heartburn, constipation, nausea. I am now on

112.5 after staying on each increase worried about side effects. They will stop after a while. Been on 112.5 for 8 weeks. 70% better than I was but still have bad morning anxiety and take .25 Klonopin once each morning which helps. Much better in Evening. Next Thurs day going to see a psychiatrist to see if I should do something else. I can’t go up because of blood pressure gets high.

• Posted

Hello there Lynn67615 what is the klonopin please ? 

I to have been suffering terrible with constipation! And I've been also referred to a phycatrist because my GP says it's the side effects mainly with me and antidepressants. I've been on Citalapram, Trazadone, Mirtazapine, Sertraline, Prozac, Venlafaxine. 

So she wants me to have a break as I taper of off this drug, and see a phycatrist as we're just going around in circles tbh it's because she just hasn't got a clue! Thing is do phycatrists prescribe scripts ? That's the thing I don't no ? 

• Posted

Klonopin is a drug that is used for anxiety before the antidepressant kicks in. Psychiatrists are the ones who prescribe Meds like GP’s They just know much more about psychiatric drugs, like antidepressants . I was on a low dose of Sertraline which worked well for me for over 20 years than stopped. Venlafaxine has a lot of side effects which bothered me but it’s not working well for me. I have not tried any others. All of them have some side effects but they fade after a couple of weeks.
  • Posted

Hi

I'm Bishal... I'm frm India...and I'm 18 years old..

Yes.... I'm also suffering from the same thing now....

But doctor told me that it may be a musculoskeletal pain on the left side of the chest wall...

He gave me an anti inflammatory medicine for the pain...with that he also gave me Veniz 37.5 mg

I'm taking Veniz capsules for over 8 months...

I got an amazing result about 5 months...but after that I felt very bad...and now i think that my chest pain is only due to the regular intaking of veniz capsules...

I am feeling worse than the previous past days or years....

But i have to stop taking such capsules anyhow...

because i have many years to live if I take such high anti-depressant drugs ...i shall fell sick day by day ... Because it have many side effects......

But I do not have the solution how to leave this...

Before leaving it, I will take the advice of my doctor .... if he say yes i should leave having the capsules...then it's fine...

and if not i will leave it upon my own risk....

Thank you

• Posted

Hi there bishal09165 I am no professional by any means BUT please by no means just stop taking this medication, if you read the leaflet it does state "do not just stop taking".

You would have to wean yourself gradually of off the dosage you are on very slowly ok

I was on 150mg a day it was way to high for me & not helping me at all anyway, I was getting pounding headaches, nausea, fatigue you name it.

I just gradually weaned myself by half of the dosage and stayed on that dosage for good few months, then decreased but I certainly took my time on weaning PLEASE do not just stop this medication.

If you don't feel comfortable weaning from this medication yourself, your GP will assist you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.