Chest Flutters / Tremors

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, sorry for making a double thread but i'm really really really struggling with anxiety today sad

For a while now i've been getting these kind of fluttering / tremor type feelings in/on my chest, they come and go with in less than a second, but i'm getting scared it's my heart. I'm scared its Superventicular Tachardyia, not something i want at all sad

Sometimes for that split second it'll make affect my breathing, doesn't completely take it away but you can just tell it's been restricted a bit. I can't tell if that's just part of a minitaure panic attack or whether it's the arrythmia causing the shortness of breath.

Im so scared, I hate stuff like this.

The problem is I've been to the doctors about my heart in terms of chest pains, i've had an ECG, a Stress ECG, a 72 Hour ecg, an echocardiogram and a stresss perfusion cardiac MRI.

But obviously this tremor/fluttering feeling didnt happen on the 72 hour ecg because I didnt have this symptom back then, i've had it for about a year and I had my 72 hour ecg about 2-3 years ago.

I'm just worried sick, I hate how they come out of nowhere, I'm scared i'm just going to drop dead. But nobody understands, they say you've had all the tests, your hearts been tested to no end. People say that I want things to be wrong with me, I don't at all, its my worst nightmare for docs to say somethings wrong, but at the same time I wanted to proved that nothing is wrong. 

sad Can anyone relate to my symptoms or anyone that could help me out? 

thankss, holiday in spain in a weeks twice and i'm a wreck, nice one. For some reason I was parked up in my car and I thought i'd google chest flutters, the first thing that come up was 'Chest flutters/tremor feeling in chest - Artial flutter(Heart palps)' which has set me off.. sad

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I've had that too where it takes ur breathe away for a few seconds. I'm 90% sure it's digestive problems now. I too thought it was my heart my nervous system my lungs. But it is not! I've gotten every test u can get. Don't waist ur $. Try some good quality digest pills with every meal. And probiotics before bed. I still get it once in a while but I don't worry about it as much because it usually starts about an hour after I've eaten something. I know it sucks when it happens but just work on ur digestive tract. Getting it back in balance and don't panic!

• Posted

Is yours literally a split second too?

I've done some research into it and it says people are generally only concerned about palpitations if theyre over 30 seconds. apperently people with anxiety, there adrealine cant be controlled and it can just spring out of nowhere from nothing. fight or flight mode or whatever they want to call it 

• Posted

This did not all come out of nowhere!!!! You know where it all came from. Every single thing you mentioned is common, typical anxiety stuff.

For today, drink A LOT OF WATER to start washing toxins out of your body. Take a short brisk walk as often as possible. Eat nourishing light foods and protein drinks. Today has to be the day you re commit to your good health and health habits.

The fact is you are "paying the bill." Don't get down on yourself....it was a huge oops. We all make mistakes large and small. You are not going to fix this by this afternoon....but you must start this afternoon. The only thing we can do here is cheer you on and encourage you as you move forward in a positive manner. Guilt is playing a little role right now....that is a waste of time. You are one of the fortunate ones....you know what you have to do.

I don't feel sorry for you. You did this to yourself, but I am so very, very sorry you are suffering, my friend. My heart goes out to you. Stay with this forum as you return to good habits and good health...and you will!!!!!! Sending a big hug and kiss on the cheek. You are not alone, Honey.

• Posted

I just went to get my echo and 24 hour done yesterday.. Her way of describing it was if there was anything wrong, it would show up on the echo.. There is no chance of them missing something.. I get flutters every single time I'm anxious.. Literally every single time. Just relax. Maybe watch a funny show, color, organize something in your house.. It goes away once it realizes you aren't paying attention to it.. Also, have you drank more caffeine or chocolate in the past day? Mine are always worse if I drank yea or are chocolate the day before.

• Posted

By the way, never Google.. Ever.. If you do, type in Chest flutters and anxiety and see what pops up.. Millions of people dealing with the extremely common problem.. I learned that one the hard way too lol. Feel better
    • Posted

I tried that mate but everyone talks about flutters as in missed beats, mines more of a really fast tremor, like i say its only a split second.

people say try feel your pulse while its happening but its never long enough, its literally a split second. Im not complaining though i'd rather it be short! 

• Posted

I really wish I could learn to take my own advice haha
  • Posted

Have you been to the doctor yet, and have they perscribed a antidepressant. You need one. Stop the madness, and get help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.