Chest/heart flutter

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I have had the same problem since the end of 2012. Been back and forth to docs but no help. I have this vibration/flutty feeling in my chest. Sometimes when I stand up I go dizzy with it too. Doesn't last very long, not even a minute. I could say down and it happens. Recently it has been getting worse with sharp pains some times. I really don't know what to do. I have had my blood pressure checked, a ECG and blood test. All came back OK??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have the same issue. In me it is caused by intake of stimulants such as caffine and cigarettes. Also made worse by my sleep apnea. If I reduce the caffine and I use my CPAP to sleep then things are better. I have had this all my life. It doesn't seem to be dangerous but it is kinda scary.
  • Posted

Are you going through a stressful time in your life?   Sounds almost like a panic attack,which could be brought on by simple stress. Not dangerous in itself. 

If you are stressed about something,does your GP know?   Would some counselling help?

• Posted

Hi . Seems you have the same symptoms as myself . I have been diagnosed as having Atrial Ectopics and possibly Ventricular as well . Known as PAC & PVCs . My doctor says they are pretty common and benign ! Having said that have another go at your doctor just to be sure .!
  • Posted

Craig,Andrew and myself are all saying the same thing in different ways. If you drink alcohol keep it to a minimum. Same with cigarettes.   Drinking plenty of water may help as dehydration can often trigger an attack.  If you are not having a n attack at the time it wont show on an ECG.
  • Posted

Do you have anxiety issues? The flutter is really common with oeople are anxiety prone. The standing up too fast and dizzy is extremly common. Vascular.change in blood pressure.
  • Posted

Heart palpitations, huh? The dizzy feeling you described is most likely

postural hypotension. This is a condition that causes the blood to

pool. The most common treatment is increased salt and fluid intake.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.