Chest Infection??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi to all,

Three weeks ago i went to see G.P who said i had cracklin in one of my lungs and a chest infection 2 lots of Antibiotics later now had it for 5 weeks still not any better

it keeps coming bk think i feel better n wham it hits

like a brick.

I have had a copd test the other week n i go for the result tuesday but what about my chest think i need to go see G.P again.

I think i need Steroids.

I will post result of copd test.

Dolphin500.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ask to have your sputum cultured.  Actually, politely demand it based upon the ineffectiveness of the antibiotics you have already been given.  The culture will allow the identification of the bug living in your lungs and a proper choice of antibiotic can then be given to you.

Hope it gets easier for you soon

Dawn

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

I can only have like Erythomycin antibiotics as i am 

allergic to penacillin and doc gave me Deoxycline n they gave me serve Thrush.

I am also Diabetic which my bs will have hit the foof

n have a new grandaughter i cant see cus of this.

I do not want to pass anything on cus shes only small.

I have two appointments tuesday will make another to see G P on tuesday too.

Dolphin500.

• Posted

I understand.  I sure hope everything levels out for you.  I too am allergic to penicillin and sulfate, so that limits me too.

My best to you!

Dawn

• Posted

Oh, and I forgot to share that there is a mouth rinse your doctor can prescribe and pills also for thrush and yeast.  There are also natural remedies to keep you balanced.

I went for 3 or 4 years continually on antibiotics twice a month because the infection came back even before a round of antibiotics had finished.  That was when I discovered that my sputum could be cultured and it turned out that what was living in my lungs could have never been killed by all the various antibiotics I had taken.  

Just keep the possibility in mind for future reference.

Take care and hope you can be around your littLet one soon!

Dawn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.