Chest infection is proving a huge set back

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all - currently in my 3rd week on cita, my sleep was starting to regulate and calm down and was feeling slightly better, until I got a chest infection. I don't know why but the combination of the two has made me feel very disorientated and agitated making me very anxious again. Not sure what to do as feel very sick and like I should just give up sad any advice would be great thank you..

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Yes I can relate to this in a different way! I've been on cit for about 6 weeks, last two weeks felt great, but this morning I've woken up anxious again! Absolutely gutted to be honest but I'm hoping it's because I'm due my period, lucky me!! I'm hoping this is it and its hormones playing up. I've just asked a pharmacist and his response was it's normal to have blips but the weather isn't helping....great!  

I guess at this point we should just hang in there.  I have diazepam for when I really feel anxious and panicky but haven't needed those for 3 weeks and I don't want to take them unless absolutely necessary.  

A lady called Claire on another chat wasn't well and she went back to being anxious as well and we all told her to give it some time for the virus to get out of her system and after a few days, she was fine again.  So on that note, we should go with it and I'm sure it will get better x

• Posted

Give yourself time to recover from your chect infection you are bound to feel washed out after your chest infection.

Did you take Antibiotics, if so that will also make you feel flat as well.

Keep taking your Citalopram and hopefully you will feel better soon from your chest problem, You could go to a chemist or supermarket and buy some deconjestant that may help.

BOB

• Posted

Don't give up keep on pushing threw. Today is 6 weeks for me on 30mg and I still feel anxious certain parts of day and have pretty bad muscle tension for the last two weeks don't know why but it just won't let go my legs are super bad. Last few days I have also felt more tired than usual and also just got my period on Thursday. So I am sure with the crappy weather, getting my period, and the medication still trying to work it self in my system could have something to do with my ups and downs, hoping for a huge break in week 7 smile smile

• Posted

I'm at week 6 too. Last two weeks great until today. Funny you should mention legs, but mine are really painful today. I am due my period and am hoping the anxiety and painful legs are part of that. My chest has also been tight for a couple of weeks, guess this is muscle tension too.  

Yes, let's hope for a good week 7 😀 X

• Posted

Oh I am so glad u wrote that, makes me feel so much better that I ain't the only one feeling like this. Bring my anxiety out a bit feeling off. My chest was bugging me too I kept on putting Vicks on cause I though I was getting sick than nothing happened lol so I am assuming it's all muscle tension. I just can't believe how sore my legs are feels like I was running a marathon lol

• Posted

Do u still feel anxious? I still have that has not left me yet not all day but comes and goes.
    • Posted

Yes it was all day, only calmed down when I gave in and took a diazepam at about 5pm. At least I could eat again at that point as when I get anxious my appetite just goes completely. This morning am still a bit jittery/shaky but not as bad as yesterday. Still waiting on the dreaded monthlies though!! 

How are you now feeling? Are you in the U.K.? X

• Posted

Ok, the monthlies just turned up!! I guess I will see if I calm down in the next few days.  Legs have gone back to normal today but chest still tight! Want to have a proper good swear right now but might get banned from the forum xx
    • Posted

Morning, that's good to hear. My legs still have then muscle tension, I still having the sweats, like palms and feet feel damp. And still feel it shaky, I still seem to Anxious thought. I am wondering if I am gonna have to up the does again. I am from Ontario Canada

• Posted

What dose are you on? I'm guessing that Canadian doses are the same as then UK??!! I'm on 20 mg, increased from 10 4 weeks ago. 

I am still anxious at the moment but just had dinner so that's a bonus as had lack of appetite last 2 days. I've also had what I call hot flushes but they come on when I feel the anxiety increasing.  That increases even when I'm just sitting watching to! Totally ridiculous ! Oh and air hunger, like I need to take a deep breath but can't quite get enough air into my lungs. That's damn annoying too.

Hope you muscle tension gets better soon, the chest pain seems to linger longer though.

Let me know how you get on xx

• Posted

Yeah the doses are the same. I am on 30mg was on 20mg six weeks ago but I was still not that well so she upped my dose to 30. Oh tell me about it don't know how much longer I can take it. It's been 6 weeks of hell I did have some few days but more of bad days. And then I start to panic thinking is it something else and not my anxiety is soemtjing. Else wrong with me lol completely sucks. I shuts hope to wake up tomorrow and everything will be gone, but seems like lately that's wishful thinking lol maybe tomorrow will be the day lol

• Posted

I never thought it would get better either but I've had two good weeks and I know that must have come from the cit. some people have said that when you up the dose, you in effect start again. Not sure if that correct or not but I know my symptoms were pretty bad again after increasing.  

I would give it another few weeks to be honest. Would your doc give you something like diazepam for those moments when it gets too much? Obviously not for every day use as can be addictive but it's definitely helped me out on occasions. My GP gave me 28 which I carry around in my bag just in case but apart from yesterday and right at the beginning, I've managed without. However, if I need them, I will take them!! 

Like you say tomorrow is another day, lets see what that brings...!!! X

• Posted

She gave me something can't remember the name but I was afraid to take them because is said I can get dizzy etc so I got freaked out more lol, I am so scared to take any medications

• Posted

Well I've woken up in a right state again this morning. Just google pls and anxiety and it appears that people with anxiety do suffer worse during their periods!  Great!! Am going to have a diazepam to calm me down, this is horrendous again. I wouldn't mind but I've never been anxious in my life until I scared myself over a chest x ray and then it all kicked off from there. Chest x ray was fine. What the hell!!!  

Hope you're better today x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.