Chest Pain??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I've been struggling with Glandular fever and posted quite a few thread on here before.

I went to my GP on Wednesday with ongoing sore throat and swollen glands that didn't go away after two weeks. (Had it over Christmas). 

The doctor gave me some antibiotics which I started straight away. At 9:30 the same night, I developed chest pain that was worse when I breathed. I couldn't lay on my back, I had to lay on my side. Laboured breathing also helped the pain a bit. 

I went back to the GP the next day with chest pain, but GP didn't help much. It felt like I had been punched repeatedly in the middle of my chest. He tested it and it was tender to touch. 

I still have the pain today, and it is concerning me. It hurts when I walk and cough. My chest is still tender to touch. I was sent home from work Thursday and stayed off on Friday. I was thinking of going to a walk-in centre, but don't want to go and not get helped, or told it's nothing? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi butterflyx,

did your gp do a throat swab before he gave you antibiotics? To make sure it was a bacterial infection rather than a viral one? 

Ive had a sore red throat for quite a while  and my gp did a throat swab on me which came back fine, so I didn't need antibiotics. I'm wondering if  it's them making your chest hurt?

• Posted

Hi butterfly did you get your chest sorted?? Im having the same problems? Right below the left breast to the right it feels tender to touch and i have no idea what it is so uncomfortable though sad 
  • Posted

hi butterflyx

sounds like mono to me. ive just come down with it myself. fatigue, muscle aches, sore throat, swollen glands r all characteristic. less common r the chest pains, abdomen pains, but im wondering if this newer strain of mono is more virulent. i certainly got the chest tightness accomanied by acutr pain the would drop me to my knees and cause me to yelp in pain. im not surr doctors r looking out for these additional symptoms. ps - my chest pains, abdominal pains, kidney and liver pains etc seem to come and go. but all today i was running a 102F fever shaking with chills and chattering my teeth. i also run about 97.8F so from baseline thats equivalent to a 103 fever. missed out on a hotsprings trip today, because i could barely get out of bed let alonr drive a car. hope all goes well for u. please let me know if u find put more.

• Posted

yes, i have similar symptoms.

its most likely Mono.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.