Chest pain 20 year old

Posted , 2 users are following.

for a month or two now ive been experiencing what i can only describe as random, dull chest pains (on the left side) which last for 30 seconds ish only to dissapear again. there doesnt seem to be any pattern for them. Im a 20 year old male whose family doesnt have a history in heart conditions but i do live quite an unhealthy lifestyle- which im hoping hasnt given me Angina or anything like that. I have had my heart checked several times via ECG because of palpitations (a sort of thumping feeling) a while back and they all came back normal (my doctor said it was anxiety- which admittedly i have had, but the pains ive been having ive never had before with anxiety). Any ideas what im experiencing anyone??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

its also worth noting that i also have shortness of breath symtoms quite often (although ive always had them ever since my anxiety started) and my pulse rate is usually about 70bpm

• Posted

I think you have posted a few times with similar symptoms and too be honest the answers will always be the same, if you still feel that it's caused by something other than anxiety you need to return to your Dr and ask for more tests or reassurance, either way you need to get it under control before it takes over your life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.