Chest pain 3 weeks after endoscopy

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello! I was wondering if anyone on here has had chest pain for several weeks after an endoscopy and then had it go away? I see so many posts on here about it just lasting for a few days then going away but I had one done 3 weeks ago and I still have mild pressure in my chest all the time. Ive never had this before. I'm worried because the doctor stretched my esophagus out even though he said i didn't need it he said he did it in hopes that it would help with the lump I was feeling in my throat. I would have asked him not to do it unless it was medically necessary but I didn't know that needed to be said??? I'm reallyyyyy hoping that someone on here can please tell me that they had it for several weeks and then it went away.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

what were the results of your endoscopy?

• Posted

Hello! Thank you for responding. He said I have mild reflux esophagitis but he said it was nothing to worry about. I'm 27 healthy with no other health concerns. I work out and eat healthy so I just figured it would heal like everyone else said theirs did but im still waiting.

• Posted

I was in a significant amount of pain after for about a week. If you have inflammation, the scope can irritate it. The only thing that calmed down the pain was double dose of esomeprazole, ranitidine and gavisc0n. Are you taking anything? If I hadn't taken those meds, I know the pain would have gone on for weeks.

• Posted

I THINK ITS NORMAL AFTER I HAD 3 BIOPSYS I WAS EXTREMLY SORE AND HAD PAIN A FEW WEEKS IN MY CHEST AND AT THE BASE OF MY ESOPHAGUS , IT WAS ALSO THE FIRST TIME I HAD PAIN AFTER A ENDOCSCOPY AND THEY NEVER TOLD ME THIS WOULD HAPPEN IT FREAKED ME OUT. I FOUND THIS SITE AND BEFORE LONG IT HEALED ITSELF. I BELIEVE SOME ORGANS ARE MORE SENSITIVE THEN OTHERS IF IT AT LEAST STARTS TO FEEL BETTER AND NOT WORSE I THINK YOUR FINE. IF NOT FOLLOW UP WITH YOUR DOCTOR. SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS MY TABLET HAS GONE BESERK! I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER!!!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes that would be so great if it could just go away it is nice to hear that yours lasted for a few weeks too but then went away! Thank you.

• Posted

hi how are , i need to know how is your pain go away because today i have upper endoscopy but after three hours i have chest pain can tell me please that normal ? the doctor does not tell me anything about pain or give me antibiotic !?

• Edited

hi, I hope your pain did go away,

I had my endoscopy yesterday and I have pain in my chest and with swelling also

and I can't eat or drink without. pain , I want to know if your pain go after those two weeks

• Edited

Hello so sorry for the super late response hopefully your pain is all gone by now but yes my pain did go away! 😃

• Posted

Hi Peyton,

I am happy to read your post!. That is encouraging news. How long it took for the pain to go away? Did you have to do or take something?

I hope you have the time to answer my questions.

I had an endoscopy a month ago and i still feel discomfort in the areas the dr took the biopsies. I spoke to her on saturday and asked me to do a Ct scan to see what is going on. I will have one on Wednesday.

Thank you

• Posted

it's been 2 days since my EGD but yesterday, I started getting chair pain. the on ca doctor want too concerned but the pain is worse today. how long did your pain last?

• Posted

i am having the same issue but also sore throat as well . i had an endoscopy over 2 weeks ago with a balloon stretching(also in hopes to help with acid reflux) and biopsies too. luckily the biopsies came back normal. Hopefully it will get better soon as I call my gastro dr and don't have a follow up appt till another 3 weeks or so.

• Posted

Several weeks is a bad sign, it either means you havent recovered yet, internally or there are other issues that stem from the practical diagnosis. Speak to your GP, It could be infection or be a issue in the lungs. I do not believe your blood pressure would be effected by the checkup or your heart in anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.