Chest pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi - I realisethat this is a frequently asked question, however due to panic and fear I'm struggling to identify my pain correctly.

For about 4 weeks I've been experiencing pain to the left and centre area of my chest. The pain is predominantly just behind and slightly to the left of my left peck, it's difficult to describe the pain, maybe the most appropriate would be an ache and very uncomfortable. At the same time, the pain more towards the centre of my chest just beneath the boney part is also an ache, the best way I could describe it is to imagine an empty space filled with air and expanding. During these times I also experience pain in my left collarbone area/shoulder and arm (side of bicep). Although I experience these pains/discomfort all at the same time (not all of the time) the pain is not just one continuous ache all the way from my chest to are/shoulder area, rather these are more of a pain I can pin point. With the ache in my chest I am unable to point to the exact spot, rather I can mearly identify the area of pain/discomfort. Originally this pain came and went with in 5-10minutes, however of late I experiencing this pain more frequently and lasting 20-30mins each time. Approximately four days ago whilst driving I experinced the said pain in my chest only this time I had drop my hands, the pain was exceptional and was located predominently in the centre of my chest. The best way to describe the pain is If you can imagine the Spider-Man logo on Spider-Man's suite - It was like that with lines like legs soreamding out. Although the main pain lasted for no more than 6-7 minutes I had an ache for approximately 20mins after. Whilst experiencing the pain I had a cold clamy sweat and I also forced myself to cough which appeared to briefly ease the pain each time.

I am a 38 year old male and do not smoke. My alcohol intake is minimal. Unfortunately I am 6ft but weight 16st 3lbs.

I realise that this is probably nothing and that I'm making a mountain out of a moor-hill, it's just I panicking. Any advise would be kindly appreciated.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Apologies for the numerous typos, regrettably I was at liberty to post this message using my mobile phone. I hope it makes sense. sad
  • Posted

Hi , my friend ...just in case.....Have you seen your family Doctor? My advise is first of all ask him to order a complete checkup : blood ,cholesterol ,sugar, urine,etc and sent you to a cardiologist .So you will be sure that you don't have any real illness..and stoyour anxiety that cause all those symtoms...
    • Posted

Hi, thank you for your reply.

No, despite my wife asking me to vist our family GP, I have not yet booked an appointment as I am afraid to go. I'm sure it's nothing, rather a perfectly normal sensation that most men my age experience. smile

• Posted

So, my friend,make happy your wife & make an appointment wiht yourGP .And when he tells you that heart does not cause pain ,and may be is all an inflamation of the muscles in your chest... then you will stop with the fear and anxiety you are experience now....and the symptoma will desapear..

. This was what happen to me when I was with a lot of pressure in my family , work and some depression...Dont be afraid of having a good checkup...and I will be waitingto

know the results. Sorry I am also writting in my cell.. have a great day ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.