chest pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello i would like to start with saying that i am a pretty healthy 22 year old that doesnt smoke and drinks once every 2 months. I am 140 pounds and 5ft 11ft tall. Today i was on the way to work in the metro and while i was standing up i started getting a mild pain on my left side of the chest i ignored it because i sometimes do get random pains which last a few seconds, the thing is this one didnt go away. At first i though it was my heavy bag that could have caused an irritation but then my heart starting beating pretty quick at about 100 bpm. I didnt give much attention to it i was almost sure that it was going to go away but then that turned into light headness, mild confusion, 130 bpm, weird feelings in both arms and hands. I was sure i was going to die, i ended up skipping work and going to the doctors. Couldnt go to an er because i dont have insurance so i ended up going to this clinic and they hooked me up to an ekg and checked my blood pressure. The results were pretty bad: 130 bpm, 174/85 pressure. They hooked me up to a drip with 1 litre of electrolites and i just lied there for about 2 hours, they thought i was dehydrated because the ekg didnt show any heart problems. When they were letting me go the chest pain would only be there when i walked, its still like this now (8 hours later) im at home and when i stand up to do something my left side of the chest is mildly painful and my heart rate is at 100 since i left the clinic, the past hour it went down to 85-90. Anyone have any ideas what this could be? Could it be a panic attack? Sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night feeling panic in my chest and my heartrate is at 100 bpm and i feel like dieing. Could this be connected? This was the worst i ever experienced..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hr dropped to 75
  • Posted

ECG is not so specific in this cases. It may be normal while the patient has angina pectoris. If atleast 2 or 3 seperate ECG doesnt show  arrhythmic signs, then you must do an Echocardio. And Angiogram.

Your case seems MVp or anxiety related chest pain to me.

Your night tachicardia can be a result of Paroxismal atrial tachi cardia. 

Please start 20 mg propranolol three times a day (one dose just at bed time). Also sustac 2.6 b.i.d and use TNG pearls if the attack come back.

exercise regullarly and take a no fat , low salt foods. Don' t be at stress and do aerobic every other day. You'll be fine . 

Dr. Aidin 

• Posted

Thank you for your answer, il keep all this in mind. Seems like il have to go get those scans. Today i woke up and felt fine, i checked my hr about an hour after and it was 75. I just ate and since then my hr went up to 95 and i feel a light heavyness on my left side and it feels as if i wasnt getting enough air, also feeling a bit tired.
  • Posted

Hi,

I'm no expert but I had a heart condition known as SVT (supra-ventricular tachycardia). Every time I moved to fast bent over too fast or did any exercise my heart rate would shoot right up my highest being 293bpm which is a horrible feeling as you know. I used to feel very faint, a little detached from reality and of course had pain. Once the episode stopped I felt weak and tired and had chest pain for the next day or so. I had many tests; ECG's, Echocardiagrams, blood tests the lot by all came back clear it wasn't until I was put on a treadmill whilst they monitored my heart that I was diagnosed. If quick movement is the cause of you pain and increase in heart rate then I suggest you get a 'stress test' which is the treadmill. I know how stressful and irritating this process is but I hope this helps and you get better soon 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.