chest pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Morning every one, i have for the last 4/5 days had pain in my chest area going round to the upper back between my shoulder blades, and also under my left arm and my neck.  I suffer with this horriable illniss fibro and take gapementin, co-codamal, tramadol, napraxon, but for the last few days, seem to be in a lot of pain, i have read up on Costochondritis and it sounds like this, also my CRP leverls are allways extremely high. I am struggling with this constant pain, and now worried obviously where the pain is what it could be, has any one else had this type of pain? i still work full time and i am at my desk and just want to go home and go to bed and stay there and cry.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lindsey 65522 Any chest pain should 1st be checked by your gp. I was up in the night with costocondritus this is a fibro symptom. It could be your experiencing costocondritus but to be on the safe side I would see your gp take care
  • Posted

Hi

Thanks i no, but i seem to be allways there with one thing or another and nothing changes, but thank you for your reply

• Posted

fibro throws so much at us with all its different symptoms. we never know when its fibro or something else going on. Ive found since having fibro that drs seem to put everything down to that. rolleyes costocondtritus pain will ease mine has gone off this morning. stress worry dont help Ive got bucket loads of that at the min. 
  • Posted

Hi Lindsey, so sorry to hear you're suffering presently like this.  As Kaz has said, costochondritis is a possibility but I agree with her you should get any chest pains checked out by your doctor quickly.  I get excrutiating pain from a form of indigestion when stressed, it's air pockets in the gastric system and it causes nightmare sharp pains very similar to heart attack symptoms and often spreads around the body from the chest to arms and back, so it might be something like that rather than anything more urgent or serious.  Mine is caused by stress I believe, which doesn't help my fibro problems either but sometimes just trying to exist with all that fibro throws at me gets so difficult, its hard not to fret and worry.  Hopefully you'll find it to be nothing serious but do please ask your GP to check.
    • Posted

Hi

Thank you for your reply i have made an appointment to see a gp tomorrow, i have booked to see another gp and i dont think mine takes me seriously, he gives lots of pain releif but i dont feel i cant talk with him, so gonner try another one tomorrow.

How was you diagnosed with the indigestion problems you have? i do take omprazole, i have a bit of stress at the moment and i do find it is worse when theres stress going on and the winter months also effect me badly.

I really hate having this there is so much to it, and every thing is connected to this, i am finding working full time very hard also.

Sorry for the little rant i think im in so much pain today and nobody listens or understands cos you look ok people find it hard to understand that your in so much pain 24/7.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you have so much pain Lindsey. I agree with the ladies about seeing a doctor. And I agree also that we need to change doctors at times because the regular doc can begin to hear our complaints sort of like background music, not taking us seriously. You sound like you have a great deal of stress in your life too. I find that worry and stress are the worst triggers for us. One thing that has helped me over the years is keeping a journal and writing or typing out what I have been worried about or upset about. Then reasoning with myself as I would a friend on that particular issue. It seems to help get things into perspective. Often worry goes around and around in our emotions without a resolution. Just getting it down on paper or on the computer seems to clarify what is going on inside. Or talking it out with a friend often helps me also. Anxiety builds up and we feel like we are carrying the world on our shoulders. Especially working full time like you are Lindsey. I hope you can lesson your stress my dear. I know that will help you tremendously. Warmest regards. Maggie xx
    • Posted

Hi

Thank you for all your replys I see a GP on Friday and she said I have a heart murmer and going to see a cardiolsligist on Thursday morning. So although a bit scared glad i went and hopefully find out more on Thursday.

Dont think Fibro affects the heart or it maybe one or all of the painkillers i take so hopefully they will help me sort it on Thursday.

• Posted

I am sure you have nothing to worry about Lindsey. So many people have heart murmurs. My daughter had a murmur that suddenly disappeared. Knowing makes all the difference. Your cardiologist will give you the best insight and you will be reassured. Don't stress about this. You will be fine. So good that we get things checked out. Prevention is worth a pound of cure! xx
    • Posted

Hi

Many thanks for your reply, im sure its nothing but as you say best to get it checked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.