chest -pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

can you tell me if you get chest pain  with bronchiectasis i am getting pain round ribs under my breasts and at the top above my breasts . i am on antibiotics  just now  xxx

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes I do get chest pain with bronchiectasis. Under my ribcage, under my arm and sometimes around my breast. Not all the time. It's almost like cramp sometimes or a dull ache. I saw a wonderful professor once and he told me pain was common with bronchiectasis patients but they don't really know why. Warm hot water bottle or a wheat bag helps me. If it gets very persistent and painful have a word with the doctor in case it's pleurisy.

Best wishes

• Posted

thanks very much for your reply .I will have a word with my getting worse mind I have only been on the antibiotics for 3 days so it might take a bit longer .I do use a hot water bottle and it does help a little .thanks again  x
    • Posted

I find voltarol pain-eze gel helps you can get it from the chemist. If not painkillers that help with muscle pain.

Rachel xx

• Posted

Hi there Joyce

Yrs it is 'normal ' i very often have chest pain when I got an infection and even when I don't.

That said the pain was more severe than normal so I had an xray last Wednesday which showed up pneumonia so I went straight on to ivs (intravenous anti biotics) you can also get pain with pleurisy so my advice is if it continues ask for an xray.

Hope this helps.

Get well soon.

Rachel xx

• Posted

Hi

​I am sorry that you got pneumonia its good you got the x ray done  Thanks for replying to me its good to know that the chest pain is normal with bronchiectstis ... good luck to you  hope you are feeling better now xx

• Posted

Hello Joyce I had a chest pain last week and I  on antibiotics,go back to the doctors

if it gets any worse it could be pleurisy ,It can be painful and you can have a sharp pain with it .you may need a course of steroirds

I hope you better soon

take care joanne

• Posted

Thanks for your reply .I have only been on the antibiotics for 3 days so I suppose there is still time yet   I am on steroids for  rheumatiod arthritis but only 5 mgs a day .Can I ask how long you have had bronchiecstis for  xxx
    • Posted

I had a mycobacterum two years ago and was left with a bad cough ,after lots of tests ,I ended up at the chest clinic ,I have only just been diagnosed last wednesday along with a collapased lung ,its been a long road ,but im feeling postive about dealing with bronchiecstis ,I have had lots of good advice and this site makes easier to talk to peolpe with the same problems

I hope you get better soon

take care Joanne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.