Chest pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 21 year old male, 165 lbs about 6ft. I've been having chest pains in my chest for months now. I've been to my Dr multiple times and to the emergency room multiple times. I've had blood work, chest exrays, ekg's, ecg's, catscangs, and an ultra sound. They said everything looks like it should. I started running again and the chest pain was bad on the right side then it radiated to the left. It's normally in the center or on the left side. It's sharp too, not dull. I have a 2 month old and I really need to figure out what's wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you looked into costochondritis
    • Posted

I have not, I'll talk to my Dr about it, thanks for the response!

• Posted

I have the same pains nearly daily but on the left and centres and my back.. have had numerous testing done and nothing found so narrowed down to reflux chostochondtitis and anxiety, let me know how you go
  • Posted

Agree with kurt.  Look up costochondritis.    Alternatively,are you running after a meal? It could be digestive problems.
    • Posted

No I normally don't eat before a run. My Dr wants to do a hideospcope I think it's called, to see if my gallbladder is working properly

• Posted

Good idea....gall bladder probs was one of my first thoughts but you are a bit young for gallstones. Let us know what happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.