Chest pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hiya

Does anyone else get pains in the chest with GERD I have had all the tests on heart and lungs no issues but I get pangs in my chest and feeling of pressure

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have ibs and acid reflux, for 6 weeks I have also had chest pain feels like pressure that also hurts in my back feel like I need to have a really good burp but can't!!!! The top middle of my stomach hurts and I feel constantly bloated the last time I saw the doctor I asked if it could be GERD and he said know yet no medication I have been given has helped. Very frustrating !!!!

• Posted

Do you have nausea too? My doctor thinks I have GERD. Symptoms Started after an evening  of mod-heavy drinking and spicy food… We were out celebrating. Next morning severe epigastric pain vomiting, back pain. Spent three days in the hospital all sorts of bloodwork and CT scan revealed nothing but mild gastritis.

That was seven weeks ago.  I have been taking Tecta which is a PPI for three weeks and is doing nothing to control my symptoms. Now I’m getting severe back pain accompanied by a constant nausea and pain in my stomach. Right between my boobs, sometimes on the left side sometimes on the right side. I’m terrified that it is chronic pancreatitis that they missed somehow. My enzymes at the time were normal and my CT scan five days after I was discharged was normal . Does anyone out there any advice or suggestions? 

• Posted

All the time! Especially whem i drink caffeine. Try not to eat at night or eat anything too oily or spicy. Ypu should also try to keep a balance diet. I didnt turned out i had an inflated gallbladder dripping with bile it was gross because it was overfilled with stones. But i eat good no chest pain.
  • Posted

She, 

I have pressure on left side of my chest! Not sure if it’s from gerd! I have been having a lot of tight muscle problems also! Who knows! Drs keep telling me it’s gerd!

• Posted

Hi Sue,  I have had three severe chest pain episodes that took me to ER.....I have had all the tests to rule out heart...and so they said it is GERD.  When I think back all the episodes were related to over eating......so I have stopped that and now eat smaller meals and no longer eat in the evenings, so far I have been 2 and a half months without a severe attack.  However I do still get other symptoms of lump sensation in the throat that comes and goes, and on occasion I get a trapped gas feeling that can be felt anywhere under the breast bone and upper back....very uncomfortable!  I would say it is almost a daily thing, but when I focus on it is when it seems worse.  I have anxiety and I always put it off to that, I have tight muscles, and sometimes feel like I am swallowing more air...so who knows.  I am going for a modified barium swallow test next month and doing another fecal test (I did one last summer and it was normal) but I am worried that having this so long it is causing damage.  I these tests come back fine then I will request a barium swallow test to check out the esophagus and stomach.   If there is blood that comes back then I will have to do an endoscopy and colonoscopy (which terrifies me) but would be necessary at that point.   I have ready many many forums that people have these symptoms and the endoscopy comes back normal.....I often wonder if GERD can be caused from the lower intestines as well.....it seems like an endless journey as I have been dealing with this and having tests since July of 2017......I was offered ppi for a month just as a trial they said if my symptoms went away it was GERD....well I decided to take Zantac instead and it made things worse....At this point I have know answers, but just want to say you are not alone and many...many people suffer with this to some degree.....don't let google scare you like it has me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.