Chest pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello i am a 31 year old make and be having alot of chest problems went to cardiovascular docor had everything tested been to hospital alot of times and my regular doctor and they say nothing wrong i have chest pain at night alot and sometimes during daytime i get the chills

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If your doctor has ruled out any heart problems it could be costochondritis which is inflammation of the bit that joins your ribs to your chest. It gives you a sharp pain in the centre of your chest which radiates up through your chest which could feel similar to pains from heart problems. Look up costochondritis and see if you think any of the symptoms match. If you have this the pain can also make you panic thinking you are having a heart attack which can lead you panicking which increases you heart rate and could make you feel hot and cold which could explain the chills you've been having. I have it and mine was caused by my dog pulling me round suddenly chasing a cat! Any sudden twisting or impact movement can cause it. If you think it could be this try ibuprofen heat and also try to relax. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.