Chest pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi im after some advise please since yesterday i noticed a sharp stabbing like pain at the top right side of my back under shoulder blade area and today the pain has now moved it feels like it is now under my right rib somewhere the pain is really bad when i take a breath in does anyone have an idea of what this could be am i worrying over nothing ? any help would be great

thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If it hurts when you take in a breath or cough, go to your doctor and ask for a d-dimer blood test to check if you may have a pulmonary embolism or emboli. It could be other things as well like pleurisy or the beginning of a chest infection, but since I was diagnosed with PEs after having symptoms for ages that weren't examined properly, I always recommend to get the d-dimer to people just in case. If you get other symptoms like breathlessness or palpitations I would then recommend a CT scan with contrast. When it comes to your lungs and heart, I always think better to be a bit over cautious because catching things early stops further damage.

• Posted

hi thank you for tour information i shall phone doctors thus morning fingers crossed i get an appt i have noticed this morning just walking around my kitchen that i have become rather breathless so i will make sure i bring this up with the doctor thank you again for your advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.