Chest pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys. I'm a 46 year old female, 9 stone 8, usually fit and well apart from constipation probably connected with my diverticolosis. Anyway just for the last six months, because of my constipation my doctor suggested doing a bit more physical exercise to keep my bowel regular which has helped but unfortunately for about the last 3-4 months i have been. suffering frequent chest pain, particularly when i have done my 2 mile walk to work and household chores on my monday off. I visited the doc last week with chest pain, tiredness, headaches and occassional nausea and light headiness. My blood pressure was 139 over 87 and my heart rate 120 sat down , with the doctor doing it bearing in mind i had been sat down with doc for 30 mins. My fitbit usually reads 150/175 when walking, about 70 resting rate. Was checked then at the hospital, blood tests were fine and doctor said ecg was reasonable , heart rate 113 and blood pressure 145/87 but he did indicate that he suspected angina, now waiting on cardio. I have been given a spray, beta blockers and aspirin. That was 2 weeks ago. I m still getting chest pain especially when walking and i had chest pain for about a hour yesterday but all i was doing was sat on sofa. This is getting a normal occurence The times it seems to happen is after a long walk, up and downstairs with washing and for some reason when i am leant back on sofa. it happens at least once a day, starts in left side of chest, crushing pain,sometimes moves a little to right, radiates to my left shoulder blade and then tingling down my left arm. Makes me tired and it has increased in length of time for all it to fade away. i sometimes feel it at work to when i am at my desk. i dont drink a lot of alcohol 3 small glasses a week, i dont smoke, i eat healthy most of the time but sometimes have the odd takeaway and drink water everyday. it also hurts more when i take a deep breath in. My fitbit now reads 60 when sat down and 110 when walking but i still get chest pain, it hasnt really changed. Could it be something else???

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

is the spray helping?

• Posted

i think so but when i spray it takes half hour to hour to ease away.

• Posted

Im presuming you haven't seen a cardiologist yet only an ordinary A&E doctor, have they booked you to have echocardiogram yet.

If it was me i would be demanding a more definite diagnosis not just a,, I think it's angina.

Their are plenty of tests they can do to be sure and you need to know, when you said that they told you ECG was reasonable, thats not good enough and your blood pressure was a little high as well.

• Posted

Are you experiencing the menopause yet? Are you taking any other medication either herbal or pharmaceutical?

• Posted

No menopause, thats been ruled out. There is a history of heart problems in the family, lost my grandad when he was 50, lost my uncle at 59 and now my poor brother is having problems. They are being on safe side until diagnosed. I just dont like taking medicines for a condition that they are not certain of yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.