Chest pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have tired to focus on the better side of menopause but i am tires of the panic i have good days and bad was diagnosed with fibro was on cymbalta which worked but the doctor didnt refill and went through withdrawal which was terrible. now all i have is pain in the chest muscle which of course makes me feel like im dying panic and just tired. has anyone felt like this. Any suggestions to my hell im going through i just want to feel better

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Misty,

Have you seen a cardiologist? Cymbalta, I think, is for depression. It doesnt really address your chest pain. Please go and see a cardiologist first to rule out heart problems.

For the meantime, maybe watching a funny movie will take your mind off you chest. Or better still, pray for deliverance, healing and guidance.

Good Luck.

• Posted

Hi Misty, anxiety can be strong and can cause those symptoms - certainly go and get checked though just to ease your mind. Peri menopause/menopause wreak havoc on anxiety but once you realize that you are healthy and that is what it is you can begin to concentrate on other things. Going for walks is good, re direct your mind by changing a room around in your house or even doing some deep cleaning because by doing this your are also cleansing and re directing your mind

• Posted

i have seen a cardiologist and GI DR had ekg and echo and upper and lower GI NOTHING was found was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and thats why cymbalta was used seems im good for awhile then i either drink a beer or eat something and triggers all the symptoms. i have been deep breathing taking magnesium and bcomplex running walking lifting weights and so on.

i touch certain places on my ribs and chest area and hurts as well as my back area most of this is at night when of course we try to sleep and relax

• Posted

I first experience chest pain and palpitation 3 years ago, I panicked and was so scared I might have a heart attack, I went to a Cardiologist, did a lot of tests like ECG, Treadmill test, 2D echo, Holster device and even Angiogram but my Thanks God my heart was ok..its just the Peri menopause and until now I experience it from time to time and I'm used to it along with the other symptoms such as Anxiety, depression, hot flashes etc..I tried meditation and deep breathing when ever I'm having a panic attack..I am just praying and hoping this will all end soon! Hang in there Misty you are not alone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.