Chest Pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone experience a low level burning chest pain? I went to Dr. about this a year ago and got all the heart tests done so I am pretty sure it is not anything related to heart disease. I notice this on and off- sometimes when just sitting but more times when moving- e.g. reaching back to check behind car when backing out of parking spot. It is mainly just annoying but there and just wondering if it is another perimenopause symptom.

Thanks for any advice...

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

yes i get that and pains off and on my heart was checked two years ago i think its my chest muscles certain way i move makes it worse.

• Posted

Yes I do get this every month it cycles itself, and I have it today, woke up with it.. I write down my daily log of symptoms everyday and just got done writing burning chest.. Nothing wrong with my heart been checked when I had bad palpatations a fee months ago.. Not sure if its menopause but rather digestion issues which happen because of meno so I believe it all feeds off each other from lack of hormones.. That are needed to run every bit of our body functions..

• Posted

Yes I do get this every month it cycles itself, and I have it today, woke up with it.. I write down my daily log of symptoms everyday and just got done writing burning chest.. Nothing wrong with my heart been checked when I had bad palpatations a fee months ago.. Not sure if its menopause but rather digestion issues which happen because of meno so I believe it all feeds off each other from lack of hormones.. That are needed to run every bit of our body functions..

• Posted

Yes I get this too. I have been going through this for a few days now. It comes and goes. I spoke to my GP about these flickering sensations that I get (in my chest) and after an EKG which came back normal, she said it sounded more like it was stomach related. I usually get these chest sensations if I'm hungry or after I've eaten something that might trigger heartburn. The sensations can cause chest pain.

• Posted

I also get this. I had full cardiac work up and an endoscopy with a GI Dr. Everything was normal. I did get diagnosed with costochondritis and I do have IBS . What is causing the chronic costochondritis the Dr hasn't figured it out yet. All my tests always come back normal. The IBS I got after I had my gallbladder removed. I'm supposed to see a rheumatologist for possible fibromyalgia due to other symptoms but I haven't gone yet. I'm guessing perimenopause is causing it since it's worse right before and after my period.

• Posted

Hi there... Yes I've been experiencing some burning in my chest. I contributed it to gerd/acid reflux.. I guess I'll start looking for a pattern to see if it happens during my period..

Thanks for this post, it was very helpful

• Posted

Yes ..me too experience this during my start of cycle 😭

ur not alone dear

i think its because of hormones imbalance in peri.

tk

• Posted

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I have a physical end of month and will ask Dr. again but she seems to brush off anything that has to do with perimenopause. But I know there are so many symptoms out there and many of us are experiencing the same thing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.