Chest pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi there I've been experiencing reflux and daily heartburn I'm taking a PPI fir have been for about 6 years now they dont seem to be helping I've so got a pain in chest just under the breast bone it feels like ive pulled a muscle because its painful when I turn over in bed or when doing anything physical in just worried its something to do with this reflux problem I keep thinks its turned to cancer!

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Gillian

have you had a camera into to your stomach, if not get your gp to send you for one, at least then you will be able to put your mind at ease

• Posted

hi Kate I had a camera out down beginning of year that didnt find anything but my syptoms have got much worse since then

• Posted

Hi Gillian

that's good ,i know its still worrying, I'm in same boat, had camera down in May but wasn't anything as bad then, have gotten way worse since about august, burning every day in my chest. What strength ppi are you taking

• Posted

he I've been taking 30 mg a day and seen my doctor yesterday he as told me to use an extra tablet till I can see my gastrolagest dont now his long I have to wait to see him last time it was months ! I do worry about adding more medication in above the recommended safe dose

• Posted

Fully agree with Kate However while there ask the GP to have a ECG done. I am having one on Thursday. Hope you are luckier than me, had barium meal, camera twice, 24 hour acid test down my nose, still no solution. Looking at heart now again! I feel strongly the pain / discomfort I have is wind related but no one seems to put their finger on the problem!

• Posted

Hi. I must agree with the other comments. Any chest pain should be investigated. Its easy to have an ECG at the Drs and also ask for a endoscopy to be arranged to rule out anything and put your mind at rest.

• Posted

i recently have been experiencing the same feeling! Although I've only had reflux for the last year maybe and only take omeprazole when it's really bad. Most recently however the reflux has been making it physically sore just under the left side. Not sure if this is exactly what you're experiencing as well, but it's my current pain as we speak.

• Posted

hi do you get burning with it as well I feel like I have a fire in my chest with the pain under breast bone

• Posted

I do, I went to urgent care the other day for it cause I've never experienced it before, they chalked it up as rib cage being inflamed and said my chest wall was probably inflamed

I'm going to make an appt and get a gastro to double check though

• Posted

Do you ever experience any other feeling with it? like just general pain in that area that's not solely sore?

• Posted

Hello. I have acid reflux too and the chest pain is terrible. I went to ER 2 nights ago for it. After ruling out heart issues I was assured it's my reflux. I clearly pinpointed the pain under my left breast on the inside. The doctor explained once the food goes through the esophagus it goes into our stomachs which is under left breast area. Dumb me always thought our stomachs were in the middle/ belly area. So I googled a picture and sure enough I had a visual of the pain now being in my stomach. It's so nerve wracking thinking it's my heart all the time. Now I understand the anatomy better so I hope that helps you understand too. They increased my lansoprazole to twice a day and gave me a cocktail of maalox, milk of magnesia and lanacain or something like that. I had a scope in August and all was good except lots of acid. I cant believe acid reflux can hurt so much! Hugs to everyone dealing with this.💗

• Posted

hi Becky sorry to read your having the same problems as me it's so painful and burns so much I'm already taking a PPI medication twice a day and my doctors now told me to take an extra dose till I get an appointment to see the gastrolagst again I a bit concerned about taking extra medication because I dont think it does my body any good I've already got thinking bones I hope your symptoms get better and sending hugs right back 🤗

• Posted

Hi again Gillian

don't worry about it being something worse than reflux once you had camera down in Jan it's just the reflux gone a bit mad. you say you are on 30mg ppi so maybe try it twice a day for a short while. I'm on 20mg twice a day but not making much difference. I'm trying to change to plant based diet. as it is I only eat porridge in mornings and veg at lunch an d dinner with tiny bits of fish or chicken. no sugars coffee only green tea.its months since I ate cake.obviously nothing spicy or fatty. I dont understand why im still suffering so much. the chest burning is the worst

• Posted

My gastro just changed mine to twice a day and I went back to once. It was giving me bad anxiety, rapid heartbeat and I felt sick. I just down some pepto until I can see her soon. So I'm on 30mg of lansoprazole in morning which helps. But in evening I was getting chest pains. I'm also on the perimenopause discussion board here and I'm pretty sure hormones are connected to acid reflux too. I feel like a big ball of mess right now.😳 Another thing the docs tell me is I may have sleep apnea which can make all this worse. So sleep study Monday and gastro Thursday for me. Thank you and I hope you get better soon too. At least you're not alone. 😊

• Posted

I only eat fish chicken veg that sort of thing I never eat chocolate or cakes and dont drink coffee or alcohol or spicey foods but still suffer everday

• Posted

hi Becky I hope they you get some answers and help to manage the acid I'm trying to take more lanzoprazole but it makes me feel bloated and sick yuk 😕

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean. I haven't eaten red meat in so long. I eat fish and chicken with veg. today has been really bad with stomach pain and burning. the pain is running down both arms to my fingers. I feel like nettles are being push down into my stomach. I'm so afraid i will never feel normal again

• Posted

Hi Gillian

I will let you know how my appointments go. today has been very bad. all day I feel like I have barbed wire bring tightened around my chest

the pain is out my back too . I feel like my entire body is under attack

how are you doing?

• Posted

hi Kate sorry to here your suffering so bad yesterday j had a really bad day acid kept coming up to my throat nice I'm feeling like fire in chest and soreness with pain under breast bone I've has an appointment for gastroenterology doctor how did you get on today

• Posted

Hi Gillian hope you are having a pain free day. I went to dietician yesterday and gastro surgeon today. dietician said i am eating all wrong and that i need to go back to the diet I had as a child meaning all plain food even white bread. she says im eating too much fruit and veg and it's keeping my insides raw.

the gastro surgeon has doubled my ppi dose for next 6 weeks in the the hope that it will allowing healing. today has been bad at times with burning. How are you doing?

• Posted

Hi Kate I hope you get some relief with diet change and medication increasing , I dont really eat fruit not fresh I find it makes me worse I do eat dryed fruits and I eat a very plain diet, I'm having a bad day but haven't been so bad for a few days but it's back again I've been taking a hight dose PPI medication and I've just had appointment come to my gastro on 3rd of December hopefully he will be able to help me manage this dreadful condition pleased keep in touch let me know hie your doing

• Posted

Tks Gilli an

I really hope your Dr. will be able to help you it's such a dreadful disease. It's 5.30 in morning now and the burning in my chest woke me again like every night. I'm praying the higher dose of ppi will start to work soon. can I ask you what you mean by a plain diet? you say you got a fee good days maybe it's all down to food.

• Posted

Kate I eat basic the same foods most days , fish vegetables ect I eat cereals for breakfast and I eat white bread thin slices with chicken on them for lunch and fish with vegetables for my evening meal thats really what I eat most days I drink decaf tea no coffee and I drink water just flat water not fizzy

• Posted

Hi Becky how did your apt go on Friday. hope th gi was able to go you

• Posted

Hi Kate. It went well. I'm going Wednesday for a fructose test and the following Wednesday for a lactose test. I guess they want to see if Im breaking those down ok. Im on the protonix twice a day and carafate 4 times. The doctor says give it time cause it can take a few weeks to start to really feel better. But I've been dealing with this for months. Guess he means the protonix since I'm new to it. Its frustrating to feel twinges and pains in my chest. How are you feeling? Are your meds working? I hope so

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.