chest pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having sharp pains in the middle of my chest,like electrical shocks about every 5 seconds,sometimes further apart,for the last year ,Dr. checked my heart and couldn't find anything. anybody else have this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Is your breathing affected and are you getting any palpitations?

• Posted

Have shortness of breath and the constant "Shocking Feeling" in the middle of my chest,so I wouldn't call them palpitations,but maybe they are?

• Posted

Have they given you a d-dimer blood test? It indicates whether or not you could have blood clots.

I had something similar to you and I had multiple pulmonary emboli but I was also getting very strong palpitations where it felt like my heart was beating out of my chest! If you haven't had a d-dimer, ask for one just in case. It maybe a neurological disorder though, if they can find nothing wrong with your heart or no clots, maybe ask to see a neurologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.