Chest pain after endoscopy!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had an endoscopy 10 days ago, and I'm still having chest pain. I went in 48 hrs after the procedure, and they did a scan to make sure there was no perforation. All was fine, but I'm still feeling pain in my chest and back. I'm not eating solids because it feels like there is a lump in my esophagus, and food or pills make me feel like I'm swallowing glass. I called the surgeon today, and was basically told, it had nothing to do with the procedure, and to follow up with my family doctor. I'm so frustrated, because it's so much worse than it was prior to the endoscopy. Now I sit feeling helpless, and taking tylenol. I have horrible anxiety, so that's not helping at all! Has anyone had discomfort this long? 10 days of pain and frustration is taking its toll on me!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi natalie, i can relate to your problem although in a slightly different way. after i had the 3rd of my three endescopies in oct 2016, my previous 2 were 2011 and 2014 which came back with barretts oesaphagus. however after the first 2 i had not effects or side issues but after the 3rd one i felt different in that it felt like ghey took more away for biopsy and felt like there was something hollow in my stomach? anyhow all this resulted in my loss of appetite and i also felt a chocking/gagging feeling during ths procedure. having mentioned this to my gp it was just dismissed . i judt have the feeling that they took away more from my tummy for biopsy resulting in my loss of appetite. good luck with your issues sorry i couldnt be of more help.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of appetite. I feel like nourishment is essential for healing, and it's hard to make yourself hungry. I still don't have much appetite, and my chest pains are still bugging me. I am seeing my GP next week. Hopefully for xrays and perhaps antibiotics , as sometimes these biopsy locations get infected. I just want to feel normal again. Thanks again for sharing! I hope all works out with your health.

• Posted

hi natalie, how are you feeling now? i had an endoscopy 3 days ago and i have a bad ache all across my chest and on my back! my back is actually throbbing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.