Chest pain after going 24 hours on second night.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone I am managing well on half of a 37.5mg Venlafaxine. I can manage to go one night without it as I'm trying to wean 'lower' but on the second night I'm experiencing tight, painful chest pains ? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

P.s this is a whole tablet not a beaded tablet. 
  • Posted

P.s this is a whole tablet not a beaded tablet. 
  • Posted

Alternating every other day is not a good way to get off!  You are taking half a tablet so I imagine this is the immediate release version?  The reason it isn't good is, one day you have cold turkey'd and the next day you have gone back to the "full" dose.  How is your nervous system to know what to do with that?  Since these meds cause adaptive changes in our nervous system over time, taking the drug away C/T is like yanking a trellis out from under a vine that has grown on it, the vine being your brain!

Better is to try to cut your 1/2 tablet in half again with a razor or such and take this daily.  If you find you are still having extreme symptoms to that, then you will have to bite the bullet and do a slower taper here on out, as in 10-20% cuts every 3-4 weeks.

• Posted

I don't understand percentages so how much is 10% 20% of that 1/2 of 37.5mg please. What I'm to try doing is that little 1/2 of the tablet I'll cut in half again and to make to little pieces and take a piece a night. Thankyou 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.