chest pain and anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since about noon today, my chest has felt (not significantly) but noticeably tight. I've had occasional sharp pains as well. I've been diagnosed with severe anxiety and was wondering if this is the same with anyone else? I've got a doctor's appointment in the morning but Im convinced I'm going to die :'(

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Totally normal anxiety symptoms. I feel like that all the time. Try to relax and hopefully you'll feel better when you've seen the doc in the morning. You are fine xx
  • Posted

Are you having panic attacks also ? Bcoz my problem is I don't get panic attacks anymore but i feel chest pain most of the time and when I start getting worried about it makes me more anxious but sometimes i just try to divert my mind and start doing something so it just goes 
    • Posted

Same. No, no panic attacks just trying to take mind off it
    • Posted

Just take xanax and try to sleep , xanax does help when you are really feeling anxious 
  • Posted

chest pain is one of the most common sings of anxiety.one of my main part of panic attacks was chest pain too.after a time it will be disappear like other panic attacks too.hope u be better soon.
  • Posted

I get them all the time too...horrible...feel like im dying a slow death as well
    • Posted

well I have GAD and reflux issues...so its hard cuz I don't know if its my reflux from something I ate or one of my panic attacks...I don't take anxiety meds...lexapro made my panic attacks WORSE
    • Posted

from yesterday I have some reflux.:-(i wanna go c doc but I can I think maybe it be cancer.u checkd up ur reflux before?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.