Chest pain and arm numbness following Pfizer vaccine

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi. quick background on me: i am 18, i got the pfizer vaccine, my symptoms started after my 2nd dose. my first dose was may 11 and my second dose was june 1. i never got sick days after my second dose like some ppl do. i got my shot in my left arm. i would say 3-4 weeks after my 2nd dose, i started getting mild chest pains. mostly when i was lying down. just sharp pains and i thought nothing of it bc it would come and go quickly. around the end of july to the beginning of august is when my symptoms worsened. my heartbeat felt weak, i had shortness of breath even when lying down, when i would get emotionally worked up and argue w someone or do anything strenuous, i would become extremely fatigued. i also experienced really bad anxiety out of nowhere for no reason. i have anxiety. i do. but this anxiety was different, more constant and severe. i didnt feel like myself. i went to my dr and she told me to get a ekg and it showed one abnormality but my cardiologist read it and ran another and said it was fine. she also did an echocardigram and it came back fine. ive been to the er twice and they both said i was fine according to their tests. so i just accepted that the dr didnt know what was wrong and went home. my shortness of breath, fatigue, and heart eventually let up but my chest pain in my left side still persisted. it felt tight from my chest to my neck and armpit. i felt extreme pain that would go from the middle of my chest to my left upper arm. this was just this month in sept. then just two weeks ago my arm went numb and was extremely weak. only the arm i got my shot in. the weakness and numbness has recently gone away but i still have sore arm pain and chest pain. it feels like it is starting to carry over to my right side of my chest and im nervous bc i dont want my entire chest to bother me. idk if anyone else could relate or has any tips but if you have anything helpful to say pls let me know. i just want to feel better. my dr said it could be anxiety but ik my body. ik what i am feeling isnt anxiety induced. i have never in my life had issues like this and definitely not bc of anxiety. i was thinking maybe it could be inflammation that the dr isnt finding? or maybe my body just needs to to adjust to the vaccine? idk but i'd really appreciate answers to my condition and why i feel how feel and what is gonna make me better.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.