Chest pain and left arm pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have chest and left arm pain whenever I consume even half a tea spoon of Caffeine,and sometimes out of the blue as well, I have done 2 CT scans, 2 stress tests (one Echo stress test), blood test for cholesterol , all came negative , but I have experienced shortness of breath , pain on my left arm , chest pain,tiredness, it all goes away when I take 1 or 2 320 Aspirin, it’s been like that for the past 2years , please give me your advice on what you think my condition is and how I can treat it?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

could it not just be sensitivity to caffeine or maybe a stomach thing, you've already had multiple multiple tests done so it doesn't look like it's the heart

• Posted

thank you for your reply, u have a good point , wht is scaring me is i have experienced all the symptoms of a heart problem, Chest pain, left arm pain, shortness of breath, tiredness, and it all goes away when I take my Aspirin, so it feels like there is more to it than a caffeine sensitivity, besides I have consumed caffeine all my life this problem only starts two years ago , out of the blue , that is why I’m confused, I do appreciate your reply and I will also take any other suggestions u may have, thank you.

• Posted

yeah that seems odd that it's instantly relieved by aspirin. Might be worth getting a cbc done to make sure your platelet counts are fine. Also since aspirin thins your blood and that's what relieves your symptoms getting a d-dimer test to make sure you dont have blood clots could be an option as well. With all of those tests on your heart I just can't see it being anything directly related to it. Since they all came back normal. Maybe ask for an mri or angiogram. But the tests you already completed would have showed something abnormal and that would have required further tests.

• Posted

thank you very much for your reply, I will definitely ask my doctor to get this tests u recommended, they make sense to me as well, please let me know at anytime if anything new came across your mind that u believe might be helpful for my case, I really do appreciate your inputs, God bless you!...

• Posted

one thing I forgot to mention was, both times when I have a CT scan and after they injected me with the fluid that glows my blood vessels, I will be able to consume caffeine for 2 - 3 months with no sign of a heart problem , I am not really sure if this provides additional insight to understand my issue.

• Posted

Hi!Thanks for sharing the information.It sounds like signs of angina, a heart problem, that should be eliminated as a possibility, ASAP. It is constant, that’s not likely, but if it happens after stress, physical or mental, it would indicate it’s the heart. To know more about heart health go to the link:https://www.cardiacrhythm.in/

• Posted

yeah but he already had a stress test, an echo, blood and cholesterol checked and 2 ct scans. So highly highly doubt it's the heart.

• Posted

Thank you very much , around 8 months ago I have actually wore the cardiac rhythm for 14 days, and the result was, some irregular hear bits here and there but over all nothing serious , my doctor have previously suggested I may need to have a Coronary angiography procedure done , I hope it would be enough to detect what my issue is, thank you again , I do appreciate your input.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.