Chest pain and pain under right rib

Posted , 12 users are following.

Does anyone suffer from pain under right rib. Sometimes I think it's my heart. Very full of wind and I've had my gall bladder out

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, i also get the same symptoms and i also had my gallbladder out . Ive had 3 mri's and countless tests the only thing they said was i have a bile duct disorder now from having my gallbladder out.

• Posted

Cyndi

Has your doctor prescribed anything for this or are you just left to get on with it?

• Posted

I had been given a prescription for a drug but i do not remember what it was, it had bad side effects so I stopped taking it. So now i pretty much just handle it on my own. My Dr tests me yearly for liver function but so far everything has been normal .  Just the pain under my right ribs and in my chest no one can explain. Ive just learned to live with it.
  • Posted

Hi girls, I have been reading this string for a few days now and am amazed (and a little relieved) to hear that so many have this pain too!

Ive had it since the start of this year, was really bad at one time, it would 'catch' me sharply when I moved.  Doc has done a scan of the abdomen, blood tests and nothing found.  I TOO have had my gall bladder removed in 1992.  I have a delicate digestion so everything gets blamed on that but the proton pump inhibitor tabs the doc gave me did nothing.  In fact I dont feel it is my digestion.  I wonder if it is muscular, it is sometime worse after I've been gardening or exercising. 

I read with interest about your ovarian cysts! Perhaps it's another trip back to the doc to ask about that.

In the usual constant effort to lose weight, I drastically reduced the amount of carbs in my diet and I'm not sure if that made it worse ???  Anyone else found this?

FYI I'm 55 and 4 years without period.  Still getting flushes and am quite low energy but I have quite a bit of stress in my life at the moment.

So, thank you for starting this discussion and I hope we all get an answer soon.

• Posted

Hi Allyk88,

I would definately get checked out.Honestly the last thing I expected to be causing my chest pains ans Menopause symptoms was a large Cyst.

I also have had stomach Ulcers and terrible irritable bowl and Diverticulitis.I struggle to lose weight but gain easily also.

I've now had 3 Abdominal surgery and if im bending or scrunching my Tum it does hurt and ache,so I assume it's scar tissue.I try to not eat processed foods and have switched to Almond milk and cut out bread and Pasta.Opting for Brown Rice,rice cakes instead and it has helped my stomach pains so much.Also drinking lots of water.I still have bad days but not like I used too.

Hope you feel better in yourself soon and life calms down.Stress can exaggerate ailments too.

• Posted

yes i have i thought it was my heart i had EKG and they are fine i have that pain all the time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.