Chest pain and tachycardia when exercising

Posted , 4 users are following.

About 1 month ago I started going to the gym after a few months and when I use the cardio machines like bicycle my heart rate goes up to 195 bpm, according to the machine. Also, after 2 or 3 minutes of light exercise I get chest pain, dizziness, nausea and shortness of breath. What could be causing this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I recently joined the gym & my HR jumped as high as 200. I have afib so it is all over the place, but I am on rate controlled meds so this concerned me.

However, I had no pain, chest discomfort or dizzyness.

I asked my cardiologist about it and her response was those machines aren't always accurate. She said that unless I was having symptoms I was okay.

I still kind of worry when it gets over 150, but if I slow down my intensity it comes down.

I would check with your doc though since you're having symptoms. You don't say your age, meds or medical conditions so it's hard to guess.

Kathy

• Posted

Ho Lola,

Your heart rate should go up when you exercise, it is good for the heart. You are not supposed to get chest pain, are you over weight, young?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.