Chest Pain Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

This may be a bit of a random ask but is there anyone out there that now has bad anxiety and/or depression that originally started with a bad batch of chest pain? I had an accident at the gym and ended up with Costcochindritis as a result and I know find myself on antidepressants and anti anxiety medication because of this it seems to have spiralled out of control into a mental problem and was just wondering if anyone else is the same and could maybe leave a message with some of there symptoms or even keep in touch, this is genuinely ruining my life but hopefully the AD,s kick in soon

Thanks all hope you are well

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ranger. Yes, anxiety and depression often go hand in hand. For a lot of anxiety sufferers (including me) it all starts with chest and heart related anxiety, and then can grow to include a lot of things. I started having chest pain anxiety about 2 months ago and now I seem to have just generally more anxiety than ever before, and I feel a little depressed. So this is common. Give your medications time to kick in. You're not alone in this at all. Much love -- 

• Posted

Thank you for the reply friend, yeah im the same things that never made me anxious before now do, like airports and flying and other things, the anxiety sort of shows itself in the way of these chest sensations and palpitations, they are horrible but yes I hope the meds will help, peace and love.
  • Posted

I have chest pain also still trying to figure out what it is, i think it's just a muscle but the pain changes to different areas at times it worries me enough to distract me when it comes

• Posted

You are suffering Anxiety and you really need to accept that fact.

Move on you will be ok.

It is better you can manage without these medication if you can control your fears

• Posted

Believe me I have already accepted this long ago I am only wanting to see if there any sufferers with same symptoms
    • Posted

R

Believe me there are many with the same, Anxiety is a condition that covers your symptoms. You will be ok

If you are very concerned talk to your GP, It is no point sharing eachothers problems, you are feeding on others Anxiety

B.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.