chest pain any one

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have had chest xrays, ekg x 4, ultrasounds of the heart, 24hr heart monitor and all come back normal.. i get a weird almost like pulsating pain in my chest (L peck over the heart) all i can think is the anxiety is causeing it. since all the tests are normal just wondering if any one els is having the same issues.. i dont have sever anxiety attacks any more since i changed alot in my diet and exercise..

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I get pains in the left side of my chest sometimes an aching stabbing pain. Just out of interest how did you change your diet to help?
    • Posted

hi amy,

So all my anxiety started randomly i had a crazy day at work and consumed alot of coffee through out the day and then a 5 hr energy for the gym.. 10min after that my bp spiked my pulse spiked and felt like i was gonna faint went to the er and they said all the stimulants gave me a panick attack and since then i have had anxiety/stress issues but ever since i stopped all the stimulants (coffee,sodas,teas,energy drinks and fast food)..started adding more cardio to my work outs and eating verry healthy drinking lots of water..and it has deffinatly gone down.if i have an attack it last alomst like 10 seconds at the most

• Posted

I'm glad you have got things under control.
  • Posted

I get chest pains all the bloody time!

I have history of DVT and had a PE at 24 (now 43) and a heart attack followed three months later.

From what I have read stress increases platelets thus clotting and it has been suggested by naturopath, GP and cardiologist that the pains I am experiencing are likely small clots breaking up, small enough to go through heart and lodge in lungs.

Worth getting blood tests to check platelet counts.

From what I understand when we are in 'fight or flight' mode because of chronic or acute stress and because of the tiger that we are running away from our blood platelet count goes up just incase the tiger bites us.

Mine is constantly at the upper acceptable level near 450 whereas my DH's is only 236 (or thereabout)

I know when I'm under a lot of stress it feels like a very heavy weight sitting on my chest but at other times it is sharp pain mid chest radiating to the left lung, sometimes up neck to left shoulder.

• Posted

I'm the same mate and so are a lot of other people on this forum, anxiety causes chest pain. I've had about 7 ECG's, 2 stress ecg's, a 72 hour ecg, a ultrasound on my heart, all of them came back fine but i still get chest pains. You've got ignore them and realise if you've had all the tests then it's not your heart causing the pain its the anxiety. Good luck smile 
  • Posted

One day I had pain shoot from head to toe along the entire left side of my body.  It literally felt like lightning.  I thought I was going to pass out.  My first throught was a heart attack, but being 24 years old, it was unlikely.

I went to the doctor and everyone said it was a pinched nerve, torn muscle etc.  I had a ton of tests run and the end result was the same - nerve or muscle.  The same thing happend one more time.  Since that day, 7 years ago, I've had almost constant pain in my left side around my heart, ribs and back.  It can be excrutiating at times.  Feels like I've had someone beating me in the side all day.  Been to physiotherapy and massage therapy, and neither has helped at all.

Considering all of my other mental/physical symptoms, there is no doubt that it is related to my anxiety.

• Posted

I have had heart echo about 11 ecgs lung xray and 24 hour holter with nothing but normal results and my chest pain has now been 1 year and about 5 months ! I get dull heavy tightness and also a pulsating pain kinda like pain to my heart beat but not exactly xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.