Chest pain anyone??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having horrible chest pain for the last couple of weeks, today is even worse! Its like a stabbing pain in the center of my chest towards the left, sometimes it radiates in my arm,today my left breast was twiching too alot,I am worried that something is wrong with my heart! Its my worse fear! 2 months ago i went to a cardiologist that reassured me that my heart is perfectly healthy! Dont know how to handle it! Anyone else having chest pain? How does it feel??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Stress is a real problem with these type of chest pains. 

However although you have had tests a while ago, you had a clear result and with a none anxiety sufferer they would accept the test results.

By what you have explained above I would consider you talk to your GP.

When we retire over sixty we do have various scans and tests, I do not know your age, so talk to your GP.

Please do not worry

BOB

• Posted

I am 26.. Every single doctor i've seen told me its anxiety! So i just stoped going! I was feeling ok but lately it all started again!

• Posted

All I can really suggest is unless it is an emergency it may take time for your new test.

I am no GP and given your reasons above you need to consider another test.you GP will decide what your needs are and will presribe accordingly. 

One thing you could do when you see your GP is ask to be instructed on Relaxation Techniques and associated breathing exersises. Both may help in the control of anxiety.

I do know how difficult your condition is, part of your treatment however is self help to control your fears, in that we are both the same

BOB

• Posted

Hello, sorry to heir about your chest pains, I suffer from anxiety and have the same symptoms, and also my heart hurts, and runs down my left arm which by the way it feels like it's falling asleep. I know what your feeling. But it's anxiety that's what happens had it for 5 years and is actually getting better. You are OK just know there is good days and bad days. And know that if your feeling that way and overcoming it day by day that just comes to let you know it's anxiety and you'll make it. Breath and take step by step everyday it will be irritating but you'll overcome it, have faith. I'm not a doctor but I've had this for a while and help myself in things that make me feel comfortable. Like I for example always have a frozen water bottle in between my chest and behind my neck and for some reason it calms my anxiety. So I go everywhere with a frozen water bottle and hold it on my left hand and it makes me feel comfortable. So find your comfort zone just don't close your mind to thought and instead associate it gets worse if you close yourself. God bless.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! Its comforting to know that i am not alone! Its frustrating that i cant stop thinking there is something wrong! And it all started out of the blue! I was living a normal life, happy life i have an amazing husband and a beautiful five year old daughter! I dont know how it all started! And i thought i was not an anxious person!
    • Posted

I know how that is I had a perfect normal life as well with a great husband and my daughter is 5 as well. And who knows what triggerd it. I had a great job and so happy to be a mom. Who knows but whatever it is I know it better go away I'm not welcoming this into my life forever especially letting it ruin my life. Be strong.

• Posted

Hi Brenda,

I use a bag of frozen peas on my chest and on my neck and I find it helps me control my breathing and it calms me down.

It's good to hear that I'm not alone x

• Posted

I'm happy to heir that it worked for you, I hope you do feel better we just have to fight this Anxiety I rather call it thing because we've gone this long and trust me that means we are strong. Keep the faith . And in touch I'm here if you need to talk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.