Chest pain/burning/discomfort/negative thoughts/kids/etc.....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey y'all! I just really need some reassurance😣 about 2 years ago (a few months after i had my daughter) i started experiencing chest pains... prior to this, I've NEVER struggled with chest pains.. anyway, i went straight to the ER.. They did blood test, ekg, and a chest xray, and they found nothing out of the ordinary so they labeled it as anxiety... since then I've been to the ER like 7 more times for the same problem, and it's always the same results... sometimes the pain is sharp, sometimes it feels dull, sometimes it feels like a pulled muscle, and it usually lasts for a split second at a time( when it burns, i feel it for at least 30 seconds, and then it stops) the pain does not get worse with movement, I'm very active, and can walk at a speed of 2.5- 3.5 on my treadmill for at least 45 minutes and feel just fine... im a nervous wreck bc my biggest fear is a fatal heart attack/heart disease/cancer... and dying while I'm alone with my kids (they are only 2 and 3) I just feel like I was normal before I had my daughter... I spend many days sobbing bc I don't know what happened to me... I currently dont have insurance/medicaid so I cant afford to get more test done(trust me, I've tried) and I'm just a nervous wreck.... This is no way to live 😢 sometimes I feel like I'd rather die than to feel like this though...i take a Bayer (low dose) everyday just in case... and bc the cardiologist told me to, since they refused to do anything else without insurance.. I'm miserable.. I need help... lately I've been having suicidal thoughts... I'm so sad yall...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help. 

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen. 

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need. 

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help. 

If you are based outside of the UK. 

The Samaritans is a UK based charity, but they also have suggestions for how you can access help in other countries.

Please have a look at this page https://www.befrienders.org/directory

• Posted

I am sorry you are feeling so low, when you have health problems and no one takes them seriously it can really get you down. Where about in your chest is the sharp and dull pain? Do you get palpitations? How is your breathing?
    • Posted

My breathing is usually just fine.. every now and then I'll have shortness of breath but im constantly up and down with my 2 kids and often get exhausted, my pain is usually in the middle of my chest but most of the time on the left side of my chest (maybe my breastbone or something) I usually don't get palpitations BUT I have had them before (a few months ago) but it was never a constant thing😣 thank u so much for responding

• Posted

Were you ever tested for blood clots? It is unlikely if you aren’t getting palpitations but I noticed you started to get the problem just after you had your second daughter and pregnant women can be at a bigger risk of developing clots. Were you given a D-Dimer blood test?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.