Chest pain but tests are normal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So a bit of background, i am a 22 year old healthy female. My bmi puts me in at obese due to a hormone balance which makes it hard for me to maintain a healthy weight. My mothers side has a family history of lupus, grandad died in his late 30's from a heart attack. And my uncle had a stroke at 20. Both due to blood clots. 

For the last few weeks I've had chest pain, it started off just being every now and then, a sharp tightness that suddenly came on but went away. I arranged a doctors appointment, he checked my breathing, blood pressure and everything sounded ok but with the family history he arranged to have blood tests done and a ecg. 

I had them done this morning, ecg was fine, still waiting on blood tests. For the last 5 days the chest pains have become more constant and frequent. Today the chest pains haven't gone away and tonight they got really bad, I keep having pain when I breathe in, pain when I bend over and cough. All a tight feeling in the centre of my chest. 

111 sent out paramedics they did all kinds of tests, but all were fine. My heart rate was higher than normal when they arrived but slowly came down as they sat with me. As I didn't want to go to the hospital and waste anyone's time if all tests were fine, we spoke to the out of hours doctor who suggested because of my age and health just to make an emergency appointment with my doctors tomorrow morning. 

Has anyone else had chest pain but all tests have come back fine? I had asthma when I was not even a year old but haven't had it since. My mum also brought up about how I was exposed to asbestos when I was younger, it was falling all in our towels/bed sheets. I can't see it being that but it has been just over 20 years. I just have no idea what it can be and feel that maybe I'm just being stupid if all tests are coming back ok. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have same pain at the minute Annalise but just over 6 month ago i had pneumonia and a few other viruses was pretty poorly and i have never recovered i have recently had an echocardiogram and waiting for the resultsi have to have someone with me at all times due to being breathless and the chest pains. I wish i could help you hunni but i would have thought with your family history alot more tests would have been completed. i recently attended the emergency department due to increased pain tightness of chest and pain like yours they did loads of tests all were fine said it could be anxiety. Hope you sort something out soon x

• Posted

hi annalise i have just come from my local hospital in essex with cheat pains headache back pain  i had 2 blood tests ecg's and x-ray but it was not another heart attack , when i had my heart attack in 2013 there were no signs not even the ecg picked it up it was a blood test that showed it was.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.