chest pain for 2years and they dont know what it is, can anyone help??

Posted , 8 users are following.

since september 2013 iv been having chest problems on and off, anything from couple hours pain to 4 days pain. iv been to and from the doctors and hospital. iv tried different hospitals, iv tried different doctors, and its not getting to the point they are getting sick of seeing me and feels like they can not be bothered with me. but this week has been the worse, im now on day 4 of pain through out the day, iv been the the hospital twice and doctors 5 times and still dont know what else to do. they keep giving me painkillers and anti-depressants but they are not helping at all. i know im not streesed or anything. and they said it was costochondritis or tietze syndrome, but i dont do anything that can inflame my cartilage. i can be sat watching tv and bang straight in pain. can anyone help??

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Beth. I was having a strange unknown pain years ago,, I gave up on the doctors and found an acupuncture doctor, who put pins in my ears, diagnosed the area of my problem, stuck a few more pins in me and next day it was gone never to return. NO drugs needed, hope you will try this, good luck .... jay
    • Posted

all the doctors are saying its anxiety. but i know its not. but they wont do any more test, im really giving up. doctors are showing that theybarebgetting sick to death of me going in, but i dont know what else to do, when im in the pain i dont know what to do because it is pain ful. what did the acupuncture doctor say it was??
    • Posted

She said it was a piece of bone or cartilage pressing on a nerve (accident damage) Must be driving you mad with the anxiety verdicts, get yourself to someone and somewhere else, a person that will help you ... 
    • Posted

its driving me mad saying its that cause i know its not, my puppy knows something is wrong as he is forever by my side, he is like my life saver, spes when i passed out tuesday, he brought me round. but im just giving up cause ots like no one understands
  • Posted

Beth, what tests have had done? I have had a similar problem for about 13 months.
    • Posted

What is your age? My pain is in sternum area and chest. I suggest you find a primary care physician that believes in you. Physicians these days are too quick to dismiss patients' pain as anxiety. I would suggest a CT of the Chest. Mine showed that I had Osteoarthritis of the sternomanubrial joint and which accounts for my pain.
    • Posted

im 18, my pain is on mostly my left side on the top of my breast and really deep inside, and its a sharp stabbing and like i have a huge fat person sat on me. but because doc's done what tests they think are efficant they wont do any more checks and put it down to anxiety.
    • Posted

i had the doc call me today and i broke down in tears because they wont do anything else, and she said because im upset its anxiety... which really gets on my nerves cause i know its not, i have a brill life own house, brill partner, beautiful puppy that will not leave my side this week cause he knows there is something wrong, he brought be round on tuesday mornign when i passed out. it seems my partner is the only one in my family that understands me, and he knows its not anxiety, but there is defo something wrong
    • Posted

I have a hiatas hernia and get pain in my left chest that some get and it can be confused as a heart atack. Just in case your pain is related, try indegestion remedies and see if it helps, no harm done if it doesn,t.

• Posted

Iv tried indigestion tablets and they don't make an effect sad
  • Posted

Have you tried anything for acid reflux? Acid reflux can cause pain in that area. I would also encourage you to keep a diary of your pain...(what makes it worse, better, time of pain, etc.) Find a new physician, bring a copy of your tests. I would also encourage you to exercise if able, or walk every day. You stated this has been going on for 2 years. Is it continuous every day pain or is it a once or twice a week pain? When you speak to these physicians try to be unemotional.....but be demanding and prepared.
    • Posted

This week iv started a food diary and see if any food effects or drink, and time of the day, but there is no pattern, I have the pain all the time but its a dull pain that I have just got use to now sad but I get it really bad but I never when it will be really bad sad last couple of times I been to the doctors iv taken my partner as he has seen me have them really bad and is use to me having them. And he told them hard that something needs to be done. But that never changed their minds to do more tests sad
  • Posted

hi Beth just read your post about chest pain. I have had this type of pain for a couple of years now and had all the tests, CT scan, MRI, camera down, ultrasound, barium swallow and many more including 3 cortizone injections into my sternum. All the tests were clear and the injections didnt work. I too can be sat on the sofa not doing anything and the pain will come on. What i find is if I go out for a walk or go to the gym the pain eases only for it to come back shortly after, which at first I thought it was in my mind but it started waking me at night time as well so that rules out the mind games bit. on my last visit to the docs he suggested acupuncture so with nothing to lose Im going to book an appointment.  Hope you get better soon I will let you know about the acupuncture
    • Posted

Couple of people have said acupuncture has worked. When I get the pain and uts really bad I cant do anything, normally I don't feel my legs or feet sad but when I'm doing something like walking etc its fine but if I sloe down or stop, oh my it hurts sad I'm just sick to death of people saying its anxiety, when I know its not as I know my own body. I do hope you get yours sorted, let me know what they say smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.