Chest pain for 3 months?

Posted , 3 users are following.

One night after a heavy back workout I was reaching for a towel after the shower and started to get a dull squeezing sensation in my left chest area and became dizzy/lightheaded so off to the ER I went. EKG, blood tests and X-ray all came back good and I was released and was told to follow up with my primary care doctor. Upon visit to the primary care doctor they did another ekg and that looked good so he said it was costchondritis because my sternum area was tender to the touch. So relieved that he said it was not heart related I slowly began working out again after a month of doing nothing I started cardio and light weight lifting. The pain got better over time but I still had a dull ache in my left chest area almost all of the time. About a month later after stressing out about the constant dull pain I decided to try another back workout and two days later starting having bad chest pains, light headed, dizzy, left hand tingle, and felt my pulse racing in my neck, and thought I was having a heart attack. ER visit again and all ekg, blood test and X-ray were good. ER doc said it was most likely anxiety attack. Since then I have been under a lot of stress constant tight back, trap, and neck muscles along with the same dull pain in my chest as before. Seems like I have developed health anxiety to the point where I think I am going to have a heart attack, brain injury because of headaches, blood clot because of muscle cramps and so on. Recently seeing a cardiologist to ease my mind but has anyone had symptoms like this? Could it all be stress and anxiety related? Thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andy0531,

I am not a doctor but am a person who has been suffering from dull chest pain for two years. Is your localized to a spot you can point at? Could be a pinched nerve or something along those lines. When anxiety kicks in anything can happen! I have had numerous hearts tracks, a handful of strokes, a few tumors, numerous cancers...oh wait it was my anxiety! You didn't mention your age? It doesn't sound like it's heart related, it sounds similar to what I once experienced. It being more server during back work or that being the trigger point makes me think a pinched nerve or Costco. Anxiety makes everything feel worse and makes you focus in on symptoms. Do a little research on health anxiety. You would be amazed at what all it can do to people. God bless, let me know if I can help in anyway.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! I am a 25 year old male. I would say the pain is more generalized and not always in the same spot but most of the time it is to the left just off the sternum. Also I did not experience and pain during any of the workouts it seems to have a delayed effect say an hour or more after. The two times I did a heavy back workout it would be pretty painful for say a week then go back to the same dull sensation. Yeah the health anxiety has definetly made things worse for sure and is something I need to overcome but constant chest pain makes it very hard to think nothing major is wrong. Good luck to you as well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.