Chest pain for 5 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I have been experiencing aching chest pain for over 5 months. I have had several ECG’s and Echo, chest X-ray, heart and abdominal ultrasound , barrium swallow, and every blood test they can perform. 

All of these were clear. My doctor thinks it’s axiety, I disagree! I’ve humoured him by trying Ativan but that does nothing. I also don’t feel anxious just annoyed and frustrated at this point. 

The pain seems to come and go and is usually just a moderate ache in my left peck and occasionally lower left abdomen. Sometimes I get a really sharp sudden pain that goes in a few seconds then is followed by the aching again. 

Today I started getting a cold and the chest pain has been unbearable. 

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Please help me I’m at my absolute wits end here...

Tim

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Should add I’m a 25 year old male with a bit of extra weight.
  • Posted

I understand the frustration completely.  I’m 48 male in good shape.   I’m at the gym 4 days a week and I play Ice hockey twice a week.   Never had any issues and in the past month I haven’t felt myself.   I went to the doctor because I felt fatigued.   We did some blood work and all was good except for a slightly low red blood count.   Not enough to worry him. I took it further and asked for a stress and fitness test with ekg.   Now I’m waiting for my results.   I feel chest tightness after working out.  However I take Advil and it goes away.  I moved into a new home and my job is extremely stressful.    I need some answers too.  
  • Posted

Hi There everyone, how you guys feeling today? (Timlit2r,Claudio) hopefully, you both doing well. Well, my self-got this challenging issues too, and it was more than 2 years now..I'm a 33-year-old male and smoke for 12 years Had previous blood test get some works and it came back normal...But in my case, I was smoking 2 years ago. since I had quit cold turkey and I started to develop chest pain and other symptoms. Clicking sound came out of my chest whenever I twist or stretch. sharp dull pain Come and go, sometimes tense and sometimes mild..would last the whole day or so..sometimes few hours. it hurt when I breathe. When this and other symptoms came it will trigger Anxiety. I feel worried and anxious. I don't feel my self since. I feel like floating somewhere with no clue. Frustration...I'm not my self at all.

I just wan't to tell you both that you are not alone. 

• Posted

Hello All, I'd like to add that I too have been suffering with "STRANGE"  symptoms, pains and throughout my body.  I've searched the internet so much I could be a doctor...I know that vitamin deficiencies can cause bone pain so I read.   Remember that blood work is usually the cbc so if you suspect something other than what is tested for you would have to tell the doctor to check for anything that may cause your symptoms...because our lives our hectic i think we sometimes forget that we may have injured ourselves or that some kind of trauma may have caused the pain.  Also, don't forget about environmental factors like the bed you sleep in, mold in the house, allergies of any kind can wreak havoc with our bodies.  Also don't forget that medications and vitamins can affect us adversely. I've got it down to my laptop causing some of my pain and it's true too, the way we sit when at a desk, the lighting, the position of our neck which has many discs and so do our backs..I hear a lot of clicking in my neck that i never heard before..i wish my insurance covered a chiropractor because i hear they do wonderful things...do things that make you happy and taking hot or warm showers usually help too for me atleast..inflammation in the body is usually the cause of much pain so treat the inflammation with heat or ice/cold.  Good luck to everyone...best of health to us all...smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.